Removing plugins from the Clok MUSHclient

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Lemuel

Removing plugins from the Clok MUSHclient

Post by Lemuel »

I think my special clok plugins are slowing down my computer.

I would like to remove some or all of these special plugins, but when I disabled and removed them, I still got spam on my screen from the plugin window I disabled (The Status window...riln, condition, wounds, guild level, etc).

Is there a way I can completely remove any or all of these plugins and their effects ?

If I delete this MUSHclient completely and re-install the basic MUSHclient, which lines must I delete from my CLOK.MCL file .... triggers, aliases, timers, etc that refer to the special CLOK plugins ?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

If you completely remove and reinstall mushclient all you need to do is type pluginstats 0 while you are logged in to stop the spam on your window.

Edit: On that note, it is unlikely that these plugins are slowing down your computer. However, if your computer is that sensitive you might want to consider using a client that doesn't use plugins at all. Perhaps the in browser client will work better for you. You can find that here.
Last edited by Jaren on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Is there a way to just remove the Online window, I don't need that window that shows who is online ? I have been able to 'deactivate' it at menu/file/plugins , but all that does is keep the window from refreshing, it doesn't remove the WHO window. I would just like the "Name has joined the lands. " messages to appear in my main window.

Currently, all login / logout notices are are diverted to the RoD Chats window...is there some easy way to have the "Name has joined the lands. " messages appear in BOTH the main window and the RoD Chats window ?

Or another solution, is there some way positions of the Compass window and the Online window could be reversed ?
Last edited by Lemuel on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “Technical Stuff”