Official CLOK Mushclient - startup invalid path problem

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Lemuel

Official CLOK Mushclient - startup invalid path problem

Post by Lemuel »

Everytime I start the CLOK Mushclient , I get three error messages:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CLOK\worlds\clok.contrarium.net.MCL contains an invalid path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CLOK\worlds\Log on notice window.MCL contains an invalid path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CLOK\worlds\ RoD chats.MCL contains an invalid path.

Is there something in one of my files I can go in and tweak to fix this ?

Note: I don't why the (x86) appears after C:\Program Files because there is no such (x86) in my program files folder name - just mentioning in case it is significant to anyone.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Question for ya, are you using the CLOK client from the main website (which hasn't been updated) or the one from this forum? The old version had a known bug for 32 bit systems where it had the wrong install directory. This was corrected in the latest version and works for all versions of windows.

Download the latest version here:
http://wiki.contrarium.net/images/d/d2/ ... t_ver2.zip

This version also had many other fixes but if you absolutely -must- use the version you have now there is a way to fix it but you will have to manually change the file paths for those worlds in your mushclient world startup list. The list can be found in File-->Global Preferences-->Worlds tab You will need to change them all to the correct directory for your system. For example C:\Program Files (x86)\CLOK\worlds\clok.contrarium.net.MCL will need to be changed to C:\Program Files\CLOK\worlds\clok.contrarium.net.MCL
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

Why doesn't someone change the link pointer in the clok.contrarium website to point to the latest version, please ?
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

What link pointer?
Jaren

Post by Jaren »

Because 'someone' needs to grant me permission to edit the link on the wiki page. I've asked about this before but it seems to have been forgotten. :-(
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore

Return to “Technical Stuff”