Recovering accounts

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Slightbeam

Recovering accounts

Post by Slightbeam »

Is RECOVER functioning when your account doesn't have an email? I accidentally speedran losing my account password and didn't set up email beforehand. Using RECOVER asks me to send a special email including my account name and a special hash to clok@contrarium.net. But! Nothing really happens when I do that. Myself and co. think there's something funky going on behind-the-scenes there. Maybe the process is broken with the COGG/CLOK code merging, or the email doesn't work. Maybe I'm sending multiple account recovery requests to someone swamped with work who can't check clok@contrarium.net emails yet, or maybe that email address isn't functional anymore. But I suspect it's bugged in some slight manner.

Thanks for any help!
Ka-clink! And a bear trap goes off. You fall into a hole and find seventeen cheese steaks.
Rias
DEV

Re: Recovering accounts

Post by Rias »

Sorry for the delay! You should now have received a recovery password to the email you sent the recovery hash with.
The lore compels me!
Slightbeam

Post by Slightbeam »

Thanks! No worries on the delay, good to know the process wasn't blown into smithereens.
Ka-clink! And a bear trap goes off. You fall into a hole and find seventeen cheese steaks.
dactor

Post by dactor »

I can't recover my accounts/characters or use CHARCLAIM. I don't know if I was pre-account old-timer. I don't even know what emails I used. Trying to start with recovering Dactor, message me for my email addresses
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

You need to be logged into an account to use CHARCLAIM. If your characters predated the CLOK account system (or you forgot your old account), you can just create a new account when you connect to the game, log into it, then use the CHARCLAIM command from there to claim the characters to your new account.
The lore compels me!
Nought

Post by Nought »

None of that worked either, for either of us

Return to “Technical Stuff”