Recovering accounts

Discussion of different MUD clients, plugins, etc. as well as technical help.
Slightbeam

Recovering accounts

Post by Slightbeam »

Is RECOVER functioning when your account doesn't have an email? I accidentally speedran losing my account password and didn't set up email beforehand. Using RECOVER asks me to send a special email including my account name and a special hash to clok@contrarium.net. But! Nothing really happens when I do that. Myself and co. think there's something funky going on behind-the-scenes there. Maybe the process is broken with the COGG/CLOK code merging, or the email doesn't work. Maybe I'm sending multiple account recovery requests to someone swamped with work who can't check clok@contrarium.net emails yet, or maybe that email address isn't functional anymore. But I suspect it's bugged in some slight manner.

Thanks for any help!
Ka-clink! And a bear trap goes off. You fall into a hole and find seventeen cheese steaks.
Rias
DEV

Re: Recovering accounts

Post by Rias »

Sorry for the delay! You should now have received a recovery password to the email you sent the recovery hash with.
The lore compels me!
Slightbeam

Re: Recovering accounts

Post by Slightbeam »

Thanks! No worries on the delay, good to know the process wasn't blown into smithereens.
Ka-clink! And a bear trap goes off. You fall into a hole and find seventeen cheese steaks.

Return to “Technical Stuff”