Skinning for the ... winning?

Rias
Lore Hermit

Skinning for the ... winning?

Post by Rias »

I can't think of clever thread subjects right now, sorry.

Anyway, everyone's aware of the fact that it's kind of hard to find animals to skin in CLOK that are not:

A) Only available via the HUNT command and very tedious to chase/take down
B) Infested, and therefore give terrible-quality pelts
C) In areas where mass murdering the wildlife is particularly controversial and will probably result in your being hunted down by crazed druids and eco-terrorists

So, we're working on that. For anyone who would like to help, here are some things you can do to speed along the populating of CLOK with more critters to hunt that yield skins:

- Suggest what types of critters to hunt and what types of skins they should provide (1 type per animal due to current code limitations)
- Suggest areas that might be good to add animals to
- Suggest wilderness regions that might be good to add some small game trails or other mini-areas filled with auto-spawning critters
- I thought there would be more to add to this list but I can't think of anything so feel free to come up with your own things you can do to help with this effort and post them in this thread
The lore compels me!
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Skinning for the ... winning?

Post by Rias »

P.S. The Woodland Trail area by Tarueka is first on the list for use in this effort.
The lore compels me!
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Randomly generated mini areas that create caves filled with wolves, snakes, bears, and infested would be a great way to add flavor to the wilderness. You could make the areas generated based on the wilderness terrain type. So mountains could generate caves, forests could generate outcroppings and copses. Plains could generate holes. Hills could have burrows and caves. The types of animals could also be varied by their colors. A gray wolf, black wolf, brown or black bear, yellow and blue spotted snake, red and gray striped snake.
The best thing to see in my opinion is more of the fauna unique to the world. If there is anything like that that could be thrown into the mix, I would be all for it.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

May I suggest a wider range of skill levels on the pelts to allow a smoother skinning skill progression and somewhere fun to explore. Right now I have the option of skinning Weaky Mc. TinyCritter who can barely squeak and toss acorns at me but no longer provides skill gains Or, THE CREATURE OF LEGENDS who breaths fire and eats small children. I can also gain skill from a certain fuzzy animal who is adverse to being pet but that killing is sort of a taboo.
"No one knows whether death, which people fear to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good."
Plato
Rodolfo

Post by Rodolfo »

After you put some stronger things for Stranger, I would love some lower level range auto spawners to hunt and skin. I burn through food really fast trying to hunt and chase game in the wilderness, something non skinners don't have to deal with. Good places to add wildlife would be Brackenridge Pass and Jackdaw Trail. I always feel like there should be some wildlife roaming in the Flametip Plains south of Valeria, maybe a watering hole area. There's a lot of unused forest north and south of of Brackenridge, too. I'd like some hunting close to home in Shadgard, a nearby mountain trail perhaps. Mistral has an abundance of woodland around it.

Return to “Creatures”