You know what'd be evil?

Lun
CLOK Patron

You know what'd be evil?

Post by Lun »

Mobs that automatically pickpocket when they see a potential target, and have a stow container so they STOW whatever they pickpocket. Train people to close their containers!
Noctere
Coder

Re: You know what'd be evil?

Post by Noctere »

Did someone say evil???

I could see that happening on specific critters such as thieves or rogues but I will need to ponder it a bit with the rest of the GM team before I commit to anything.
It's not easy being evil...
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

No. I disagree with this unless the NPC is extremely rare and bad at their job. You can already steal firearms out of their holsters and not all containers close, such as sheathes and scabbards. Please do not add an NPC that would take away someone's rare and unique weapon for the sake of "evil" unless you can get it back via registering it for a minimal amount of riln.

Leave that to the players who decide to walk the path, at least then you might be able to get it back properly.

Edit: Alternatively, change stealing so it's a 100% chance of failure and being caught if you try to take something one pound or greater.

You'd have to edit all the tasks for that, though. I don't think some of the stuff they send you after weighs less than 1 pound.

Or just make the NPC take riln in from nearby players every now and then with an upward scaling chance of being caught with every successful attempt and ignore items entirely.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

I don't mind this, especially for those highwayman tasks. However, I only like this idea if it's riln for the simple fact that they're liable to take something rare and precious or something that is difficult to replace.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

I'm down for riln, nothing more. It's a bit different. Especially if you can kill the mob, and it drops all the riln it might have looted so far.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.

Return to “Creatures”