Nethrim (Spoilers)

Elystole

Nethrim (Spoilers)

Post by Elystole »

Are you bored with hunting the same old critters? Is the grind getting you down?

Try nethrim today and put some mortal peril back into your life! Nethrim come loaded with great features such as:
  • Fear-based roots that drop your dodge to zero!
  • Spheres of nether and/or cold damage!
  • Jets of scalding water, mud, or acid!
  • Tentacles! (WTF)
  • Summons!
  • Enemies that pop out of the enemies you just killed!
And if you're worried about encumbrance, don't be! Most nethrim don't carry any of that heavy treasure - for your convenience! So if you're looking to spice up your combat experience, try nethrim!

Nethrim: Fights so good you have to do them twice!

So despite the tongue-in-cheek tone of the above advertisement, I wanted to say that nethrim are awesome. And messed up. Which is probably why they are awesome. I was hunting today and decided, on a whim, to go explore Deadwood Forest and the bog. Then I decided to re-kill everything I found. I'm usually a pretty safe and efficient hunter, and fighting things with a bunch of crazy abilities and wondering if I'm about to botch a dodge roll was a riot. So kudos to whoever made the critters in those areas: You're a horrible person and a great GM.

(Though I do wish more nethrim would drop some sort of treasure to recoup training and equipment costs.)
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
jilliana

Re: Nethrim (Spoilers)

Post by jilliana »

With all that I'm surprised you didn't die. :P
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

***Note. Non-corporeal nethrim DO NOT have the 'Nether Realm Hard Fight Guarantee' due to being extremely weak against fire. Nether Invasions Ltd. does not accept responsibility for boredom caused by the use of fire against such entities.***

And by weak I mean upwards of a hundred damage on a single channel pyro cast.
Elystole

Post by Elystole »

Isiaa wrote:And by weak I mean upwards of a hundred damage on a single channel pyro cast.
Channeling is a crutch!
You overhear the following rumor:
"I saw one of those Shadgard folk come barging into Grif's and shoot one of the patrons on the spot. Shadgard must be a pretty rough place with such outlaws running rampant."
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

It is the business of an Elemancer to channel primal powers for the destruction of their foes. And study the primal make up of the Universe so they can mess with it more efficiently.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Nethrim are super awesome. I can't wait to unleash some of these new ones.
The lore compels me!
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

You've got more? what horrors will you bestow on us. :P
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

sweet! new pets for Granny.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

I vote a nethrum that somehow burrows into your body and then when you snuff it it emerges from your chest in a spout of blood and gore. Kind of like a chestburster from the movie Alien/s. To make it more fun...make it spawn out of you randomly when you're alive for massive amount of stun and chest and or abdomen damage!
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

You are a sick sick man merin!
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.

Return to “Creatures”