Hyra

Makkah

Hyra

Post by Makkah »

Just curious if anyone has some fun stories about interacting with this group. Acarin and I were tackling a rather nasty one (apparently she's an NPC for the Barter tent) with as 12000 attack.

Has anyone conversed or even traded with the Hyra?
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I spend the majority of my downtime amongst the Hyra. I trade with them fairly often, when I'm in need of supplies I can't make myself or if I'm just feeling lazy. In their main village I can get supplies, healing, training, and even guild tasks.

Their barter system is really cool, but it isn't as efficient or easy as using riln. It's pretty difficult to use exact change, so you often end up overpaying a little because you're not sure if you could have saved a little on that item buy swapping that feystep mushroom out of your barter bag and putting in 3 fraer root and 2 emberberries instead. There's no way to tell how much an item in a barter shop is worth. You just have to order it, and you'll be told what the shopkeeper is willing to trade it for from what you've got, or you're told you don't have enough. It was interesting saving up for my caribou mount, because I never had a specific number to save up for. I just kept coming back every now and then to see if I had enough in my basket yet to pay for it.

There's also the issue of having to haul all that stuff around to barter with. It takes up container space and gets heavy after a while, unlike weightless, limitless riln in your pockets.

None of this is a complaint. I think it's a really cool and themed system that fits perfect for the Hyra society.

On the flip side of all this coolness, I'm hostile to most major settlements. Kind of like the Shadgard and Corvus thing, you can't be loved by everyone.
Last edited by Skjotur on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

The barter system actually sounds really interesting. I remember Rias mentioning that there was one coded in, but I hadn't any idea where that was.

I had always been wondering about the caribou mount. I'd assumed it was an alter/restring. But that's cool. I wasn't aware the Hyra had all of this coded in for the area.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

Neat stuff! Evelyn has an alliance of some such with the hyra, always fun to RP out. :)
Last edited by Evelyn on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.

Return to “Creatures”