Fasa li Nuam

Discussion about the various peoples of Arad.
Makkah

Fasa li Nuam

Post by Makkah »

So where are you guys going with this race? Proud nomadic tribes that live on the plains... modeled after the Native American tribes? Bedouin/Berber aspects?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Rithiel's the guru for them, so I'll point her this way.
The lore compels me!
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

I'm wondering about this, too. I kinda of chose to be one on a whim. >_>
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Since you're active again, Rithiel, any input? :)
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Ah, I missed this. Yeah, I'll address it (eventually, there are a few things on my plate first).
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I've had a Fasa li Naum for a short while now, and based on the short desc I assumed that the tribes differ in culture from tribe to tribe. For Makani, I've sort of drawn (at least partially) on a Romanticized version of Steppe nomads, similar to what you might find in the Tian Shian region, or even Mongolia.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I'm not quite ready to post anything on the wiki yet (in that format), but I'll talk about them a bit here.

The Fasa (People of the Five Winds) are nomads, living in tents for the most part as they watch their herds. Family ties are very important, and while they are tribal, each tribe associate with a larger clan (there are generally no more than 10 clans). Culture is mostly by clan, although there are differences among different tribes within the same clan, and there are similarities across clans.

Outwardly (to people outside their tribe), the Fasa are quiet and reserved, and wear unadorned clothing, mostly in colors to blend in with their surroundings.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

How much dos the culture differ from clan to clan, and tribe to tribe? I'm curious because Fasa Il Naum is such a (relatively) small area compared to surrounding nations.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Great start. Thank you.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

That political boundary on the map isn't concrete. That area is probably what's "officially" theirs as recognized by other nations, but I imagine they go all over the Ancient Lands quite a lot as well.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

All of the Fasa clans are posted on the wiki. Any Fasa character should pick a clan and report when you do so in order to get the appropriate tattoo. If your character is married, you should also know that clan.

This is not an option, unless you can convince me that you wouldn't be in a clan. Tattoos happen when a baby.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Regarding the clans, the Grael Aetsen clan mentions the Vael. What exactly is the Vael, if I may ask?
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Vael is the name for Immortals who are humanoid and non-Ascended.
Rithiel

Re: Fasa li Nuam

Post by Rithiel »

Because there are so many new Fasa, tomorrow evening (6:00 Mountain) I'll be in the OOC area giving Fasa tattoos and potentially answering questions. If you have something you want to know, it's more likely to get an answer if you ask me ahead of time, either through posting here or a PM. Please look at the Fasa page on the wiki to pick a clan.

If your character is Fasa, there would have to be very unusual circumstances for him or her not to have an arm tattoo. And while I have a stock tattoo for the clans, if you would like a specific one (within the bounds of your clan), I'm not against it.
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

I have to admit I'm kind of jealous. I hope we get some more Faewyr lore soon.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Rithiel wrote:Because there are so many new Fasa, tomorrow evening (6:00 Mountain) I'll be in the OOC area giving Fasa tattoos and potentially answering questions. If you have something you want to know, it's more likely to get an answer if you ask me ahead of time, either through posting here or a PM. Please look at the Fasa page on the wiki to pick a clan.

If your character is Fasa, there would have to be very unusual circumstances for him or her not to have an arm tattoo. And while I have a stock tattoo for the clans, if you would like a specific one (within the bounds of your clan), I'm not against it.
Sorry I missed out on this. Would have enjoyed the socializing. Been on a bit of a retreat lately with work and RL company. How was the event?
Jawbleak

Post by Jawbleak »

Starting to fill in some character gaps. Is there a way to get my Fasa's tattoo?
Drayla

Post by Drayla »

You know, I just got a thought: If it would only take special circumstances for a Fasa to NOT have a tattoo, why aren't there basic tattoos available to choose from when making a character? I would call it a racial feature, since it is more common for a Fasa to have a tattoo than not. There could be general tattoos when creating the character, and if someone wants it changed, they could always have that requested. Idk, just a suggestion.

On another note, I also have a Fasa character who needs a tattoo. I might actually have two.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

I think this is a good idea, sometimes getting a hold of someone to apply this isn't easy.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Until further notice, report if you are a Fasa without a tattoo, and one of the staff will take care of it.

Thanks!
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Ehroh

Post by Ehroh »

For the Tae Skelym tattoo, I'm just wondering if there are certain types of vines in game that we can choose from or are the tattoos given just a basic vine?

Return to “Races”