IC short story (Eve and Lae)

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Lae

IC short story (Eve and Lae)

Post by Lae »

My arms flail uselessly as I feel myself being pulled against the bars of the cell. Several really bad words flash through my mind as I try to gain leverage against the pull, but I think I make great strides when I don't automatically blurt them out. I place my hands against the bars and push backwards, slowing gaining ground until I can yank at my robes and slap at the hands grasping the fabric. "Let go!" I growl, trying my very best to look menacing. Somehow I feel like I've failed because a wry chuckle floats through the semi-darkness and suddenly I'm released! My moment of triumph is ruined as I stumble backward to land squarely on my padded rump. I gain my feet with an exasperated sigh and glare at the flame haired woman behind the bars. "You know Eve, it isn't my fault that you're in there." I scowl as I try to work my way up to an impressive lecture. "You shouldn't steal from people, the Light will provide you with what you need." Two shapely hands with long, graceful fingers slowly protrude from the bars and she rests her wrists against the cross bar. Her hands fold together and I look up into a pair of pale green eyes. "Lae?" Her soft, melodic voice almost makes me want to smile, but I catch myself. I tilt my head to show her that I'm listening and she grins at me before continuing. "Do silence, darling." She aims one hand in my direction and it's flashing me a very crude and astonishing hand-gesture. How rude! I decide that I can't help her at this point and turn to leave. Before I get to the door I turn back and point at the cell. "Eve I think you should be careful, the last thing you want to do is get exiled from Shadgard. I suggest you rethink your ways or get better at what you do." I turn around and stride out the door but not before I hear her mutter "Second option works best for me."
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Skjotur

Post by Skjotur »

Nice read. I always like reading these little character story tidbits. Now I want to write up one of my own.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.
-Hamlin Garland
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

Me too! I'll post it when im finished
I'm a thief, it's what I do.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Always enjoyable to be allowed insights to a character, or in this case, characters. Thank you for sharing.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

I will post something, sooner or later...
Lae

Post by Lae »

Eve snarls to herself as she presses herself flat against the walls of the alley. Her eyes nervously scan the Commons and she watches as Lae uses her healing talents on a man who thanks her profusely. "I can't believe that they're falling for this." she mutters quietly to herself. Her eyes narrow as she watches Lae smile at the man and speak to him with soft reassuring words. "I wonder what they would do if they realized that Lae wasn't always this "good"." She smirks and shakes her head before she continues, "Maybe it's time to stir things up a bit."

When the Commons are quiet Eve tiptoes into the square and deposits a piece of parchment into the crate. With a low chuckle she fades back into the shadows and sneaks off.
Last edited by Lae on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Elizamor

Post by Elizamor »

this made me want to look in the crate O.O lol

Return to “General IC Discussion”