Corvus will prosper!

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Vitello

Corvus will prosper!

Post by Vitello »

Murky's Pub, Corvus outpost

Vitello Varinii struts in through the swinging double doors and crosses the floor making his way to the bar. The sweat and the dirt of the mines have been washed from him and this day his white wool button up shirt and black waistcoat have been cleaned and pressed.

Murky is given a smile and a stack of riln in exchange for a stiff drink. The beverage is sipped as he turns away from the bar and looks out over the patrons of the pub. Taking a slow deep breath Vitello uses his hefty bronze smithing hammer to tap on a wooden beam; eliciting three loud bangs.

Standing with posture erect, voice loud and confident, "I have something to say." A moment of silence passed to allow that to sink in and garner the attention of the pubs patrons. "The outside world despises us... some of us chose to come here, others were chased out and driven from their homes like rats... and some never survived to seek shelter here." anger shows in his tone and in the creased expression of his face. "We have been left to hide like rats and scrape by day to day. Widows and children hungry, strong capable backs with no work, the sick left to waste away.... Well I say no more!" emphasis given by the thud of his hammer against a wooden support beam with a log bang (and a rather disapproving glance from Murky)

"The benevolent power and might of the great Lord Winston protects us this cannot be disputed." He utters as he looks over the patrons expecting acknowledgement of the truth of this. "However the prosperity and the well being of the Outpost is our responsibility to fervently pursue under the wise Lord Winston's guidance!"

"I will see the Outpost thrive and I call those who feel the same to stand with me. Those who need work I will give wages, those who have heart and vision for the Outpost's future I will call an ally and do what I can to assist. This is my home and by the gods I will raise a family here and prosper! This is our chance at a normal and profitable life that the outside world would deny us. Let us show them what we are truly capable of and stand the test of time to make Corvus a place that changed history!"

The artisan turns to the bar and shouts, "Murky, a round for everyone on me!"
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren
Vitello

Re: Corvus will prosper!

Post by Vitello »

OOC info but fricking hilarious and had to share! XD

You read the Common Letters written on a drink stained bill:
==========
Thanks mate for treating everyone at the pub. Well, um there is the matter of the bill. You see folks here can drink quite a bit and you gave them all a round.. so of course they got the biggest mug they could find and for some reason a crowd came in from outside. In any case mate, that was 500 riln on your tab. Duncha worry, I had it taken directly from your Citizen's account, you know, the bank. Cheers mate! - Murky
==========
Vitello - Ton - Shirinya - Alwaren

Return to “General IC Discussion”