Tavern Tales

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Bryce

Tavern Tales

Post by Bryce »

Figured I'd start a thread of stuff that our characters can be overheard talking about in taverns (or wherever), as a way to spread information in an at least sort-of-in-character way here on the boards.

Tonight, rumors are going around that Bryce was attacked in Alley Bend by an infested thief. "Once it saw I wasn't going to go down from a single knifing from the shadows, it ran into the empty house nearby," Bryce was heard saying. "Looks like Jaster has himself a new neighbor. Or had, anyway." At that point, the vagabond began cleaning his ivory-handled revolver.

Bryce also expressed concerns of infested activity within the town. "Looks like that gate's not keepin em out well enough. Shoulda never left the hills of Karnath - this town's always got problems."
Last edited by Bryce on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Collins

Post by Collins »

Collins dropped by for some Farn's beer, some stew and to play some dice with his hard earned riln.

He spread a few rumors of his own telling a few patrons, "Been done seeing them infested sneaks watchin' me from de shadows, one eve' tried ta get a half-forged blade outta my workcart while I wasn' lookin'. The buggers! I showed him whas wha' wit mah axe!" He paused long enough to throw the dice again before adding with a snicker, "Wha' works on trees works on skulls, ya see."
Orris

Post by Orris »

Among stories of impossibly large fish just barely getting away from him, Orris has been warning people to be wary of a pale woman in bronze armor coming to kidnap young girls. "She came into town, muttering about needing to find someone. Lacie seemed to recognize her, said her name was Vittoria. We were trying to figure out what her purpose was, when Niftyest arrived, and Vittoria immediately took interest in her. After asking the young girl if she was happy, Vittoria convinced her to go with her. It wasn't soon after that we felt her thoughts in our minds, calling for rescue, saying she was out in the forest somewhere." Orris went on to give an account of running blind through the forest until he found Niftyest, stood between her and Vittoria, and was attacked by the pale woman. He and Niftyest barely escaped, Orris with some heavy wounds, but alive. "Oh yeah, the wounds were real bad. Well no, I can't show them to you as proof, I got them healed by Dimmes!"

(That was fun! Just started, and already got to perform some heroics! Even if I got my derriere handed to me.)
Last edited by Orris on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While planning a trip to the haunted galleon with a bunch of people on ESP...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: what are the nether called on that pirate ship again?
[TO Vinz (OOC)]: I'm scared to tell you...
[FROM Vinz (OOC)]: DO-IT >:)
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Bryce was overheard at the Hearth & Home. Sounding defensive, he was heard saying, "Look, it's better sooner than later, right? I'm doing him a favor. The longer you let these things stay a secret, the bigger they're going to blow up when it finally comes out. He'll thank me."
Last edited by Bryce on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Lae

Post by Lae »

The relative peace of Shadgard was disturbed this afternoon when Lae was heard yelling inside the jailhouse. Apparently the healer's patience and kindness has a limit.
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"

Return to “General IC Discussion”