Out of the Shadows

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Acarin

Out of the Shadows

Post by Acarin »

A solitary glass lantern flickered in the darkness of cavern, footsteps echoing gently down the vast expanse as a lone individual traversed its length. An ominous feeling pervaded his psyche, bordering on paranoia. Was he being observed? Where did this feeling come from? The darkness can play tricks on the mind, but that feeling that rises up the spine and sets one's hair on end would not abate. Absolute silence pervaded the area. Why he was here no longer mattered. His former deeds no longer held any significance. A single glorious end to his story... without words.

There was only clarity as the lantern struck the ground and shattered, covering the muffled thud of his body against the ground. For a brief moment, his remaining eye took in the fading light, although his mind could no longer interpret it. Then true darkness.

Out of the shadows, a voiced hissed "You all have grown too complacent in my absence. Too safe under your blankets of justice and goodwill. This land is at war... It is time for me to once again bathe in your fear, taste your sweet regret, and nourish myself on your blood. Rejoice, those who swim in the light, for I have returned... and I will save your souls with righteous darkness."

Then nothingness returned to the cavern, a realm seemingly devoid of life...
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Out of the Shadows

Post by Rias »

Sounds like someone's officially out of retirement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... G03SQ#t=76
The lore compels me!
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

I didn't put enough riln in my 401(k)...
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Gee willies!

Return to “General IC Discussion”