Sona theories/research - what's new today?

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
sona

Sona theories/research - what's new today?

Post by sona »

studying energies and forces. Specifically the arcane-y spiritual ones.

Disclaimer: this could be weird border-y IC/OOC info. But Sona's studying it from an IC perspective. Because who cares about OOC mechanics, when you can have Grum science-y fun. Nerds.

First test: Channeling 1 channel. Timed, to calculate the drain of energies (Grumaires) amongst different peoples who utilize arcane forces to determine whether or not people exhibit a range of endurance in channeling. Initial results would indicate this is an absolute value(at least amongst those tested thus far). I used my pocketwatch to mark the start of their channeling, and had them channel until they could no longer do so.

First test started: 22:43:05
First test ended: 22:50:19

we can assume a 5 to 10 second margin of human error in timing here. Lets say a good estimate for this test would be

lasting: 7 min, 10 seconds.
Test participants: 2 Udemi (credit: Frethawn, Fayne), 1 elemancer (credit: Tamsin)

Notes: Multiple channels: Channel 1 and Channel 2 can be the same thing, but utilizing a second channel will change the effect. Two channels of one element will boost the effect of the element, but will not have varied effect in regards to what the effect is.

Ct (channel time) - Time, in seconds, a channel can be held.

Pe (personal energy) - the total amount of energy a person has, this appears to be an absolute value, with no regards to race, experience, or aptitude. The value itself is arbitrary, but set to be reasonably worked with mathematically. The unit of force shall be known as a Grumaire. Naming it after myself seemed a bit much. Pe = 20,000G or 2.00 x 10^4 G

Cc (cost to channel) - cost to channel per second, unit is Grumaire/second, or G/s

Formula: Cc = Pe / Ct

Other notes: I may expand my IC notes here. I just don't want to lose fun, legitimate IC research because I didn't poke it down and lose it in a pile of 50,000 pages in game. Better to polish it and play with it here. Have fun chatting Sona up about this IC, she certainly has made no secret of her study.
sona

Re: Sona theories/research - what's new today?

Post by sona »

Second Test: 2 channels

Test start: 23:16:30
Test end: 23:20:37

considering the discrepency for human error and start times, estimated to: 4 min.

Test participants: 2 elemancers (credit: Tamsin, Orris), 1 druid (credit: Fayne), 1 sorcerer (credit: Kiyaani)
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

On an OOC balance note: I have charted/timed the mechanical times and effects of channeling under many different circumstances and I still have the old excel sheet here... <blows off dust>.

However, it looks like you are doing this more of an IC thang, in that case, more power to ya and have fun!
It's not easy being evil...
sona

Post by sona »

It will be fun to go through the process with players (and NPCs?) ICly, while some numbers, units and values can be arbitrary, they can be fun and of note for developing application, understanding forces, and advancement ICly. Because Grum are nerds. In the face of academic disagreement, Sona will savor the opportunity to hone and enhance her ideas, expand theory and so on. Just become concerned when Sona figures out ways to work crazy physics with the help of a couple of elemancers/etc.

Note: Sona will become the reason that there will later be a Lost Lands Occupational Health and Safety Council. Which closely monitors Sona. Forever. Sorry.
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

sona wrote:It will be fun to go through the process with players (and NPCs?) ICly, while some numbers, units and values can be arbitrary, they can be fun and of note for developing application, understanding forces, and advancement ICly. Because Grum are nerds. In the face of academic disagreement, Sona will savor the opportunity to hone and enhance her ideas, expand theory and so on. Just become concerned when Sona figures out ways to work crazy physics with the help of a couple of elemancers/etc.

Note: Sona will become the reason that there will later be a Lost Lands Occupational Health and Safety Council. Which closely monitors Sona. Forever. Sorry.
I love it all
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.

Return to “General IC Discussion”