Letter sent to Gad with copies circulated

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Kent

Letter sent to Gad with copies circulated

Post by Kent »

Letter sent to Gad with copies circulated to persons involved in mining:

Subject: Four way division of mine support tasks.

I would like to propose that we make a fourfold division of labour and responsibility with regards to the building of mine supports for Gad's mine. By dividing the tasks this way, a greater ease will be had in maintaining the mine supports. We can also discuss whether to include Mascond's mine in this project, or not.

We would require four available volunteers for this enterprise, a Lumberjack, a Sawyer, a Nail-maker, and a Carpenter.
Each person would require housing where they could store their particular portion of the inventory.

Unskilled individuals could choose the position of Lumberjack or Sawyer; whereas seasoned tradesmen would be needed as Nail-maker and Carpenter.

The several responsibilities are as listed:

The Lumberjack would be required to maintain an inventory of at least 35 logs, all of one type of wood, to deliver to the Sawyer on demand;

The Sawyer would be required to maintain an inventory of at least 140 flitches, all of one type of wood, to deliver to the Carpenter on demand;

The Nail-Maker would be required to maintain an inventory of at least 75 nails of at least average quality, to deliver to the Carpenter on demand;

The Carpenter would be required to inspect the mine(s) at least weekly for damaged and missing supports, and when needed, requesition from the Sawyer and Nail-Maker the needed materials as above, then to craft the planks and mine supports. The Carpenter must be a tradesman capable of consistantly producing better-than-average carpentry work.

These positions would be on a volunteer basis with only committed and available persons being allowed to volunteer. Gad will be the final decider if any applying person is suitable of holding the applied-for position.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822

Return to “General IC Discussion”