Just as an aside..

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Lae

Just as an aside..

Post by Lae »

There are a lot of people who are not tuned into the chat and ooc channel. Even if you are tuned in, your character isn't going to know if someone is alive, dead or wounded. It's frustrating to be asking if you can be of assistance - I mean someone is dead - and have everyone just kind of ignore it.

Oh well. Discuss I guess.
xavier

Re: Just as an aside..

Post by xavier »

I'm not sure exactly what you are getting at. I tend to keep chat off just for the simple fact that it's not a channel I use often and it's non-clok related stuff anyway and while I'll chat with people on ocasion I'm here to enjoy Clok not to sit in a chat room. The way I'm understanding what you are saying is responding to someone icly for healing wounds or such through oocly interogation, which can't be right. That's why I'm asking for clarification.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Basically what happens is - someone asks for help, the bell tolls, people go about their business without clarifying where the person was or if they departed so the healer is left questioning if help is still actually needed or if they should go about their business. Meanwhile the person who died is talking in OOC so they clearly departed already, but IC the healer doesn't know that.
xavier

Post by xavier »

oh I gotcha, yes that is hgihly annoying. I try not to do stuff like that but if I'm ever caught at it point it out and I'll try to do better. I'll also keep an eye for it and try to encourage better RP in that respect.

Return to “General IC Discussion”