First Annual Storytelling Competition!

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Vestyn
GM

First Annual Storytelling Competition!

Post by Vestyn »

Hey guys,

So, I have some good and some bad news. I’ll go ahead and start with the bad:

I’m going to reschedule tonight’s contest for next Sunday the 8th at 6:00 game time. There were a couple of people that may or may not have been able to make it, and because they did take the time to prepare something, I’d really love to give them the opportunity to participate. My apologies to all that may have accounted to be there and hear some great player-told stories and such. For those that were going to come this evening, still show up—something will happen!

For the good news, I’m pushing the event and its registration out another week and remembering that, hey look, a BBS does exist. So, without further a due:

Welcome to the first annual Winter Solstice Storytelling Competition! You and up to two of your friends have the chance to entertain the Lost Lands on the evening of the Solstice, but first, the competition! You and up to two of your friends may register to show off your talents, whether that be poetry reading, storytelling, singing, playing a song, or a combination of the above! The initial contest will be held Lightsday the eighth of Desumbar at six bells post zenith at Grif's in Haiban. If you are interested in participating, send Yala 1500 riln plus the details about your presentation. We will need the names and number of people (up to two) that will be performing with you, as well as the title and nature of your composition (song, poem, play, etcetera). Your composition must be around the theme of winter. RSVP by the seventh and get ready to wow your crowd! Viewers, your vote will decide who headlines the Solstice celebration! Best of luck!

Ooc: you and two of your friends can tell a story, sing a song, rp playing an instrument, etcetera. Npcmail your 1500 registration to Yala by Saturday the 7th, and we will get this going on the 8th. If you have already registered, you don’t need to do so again.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding in my last-minute reschedule, and for those that check the BBS but haven’t logged into the game, so sorry for leaving you out.

On a personal note, it’s so good to be back!
Jaster

Re: First Annual Storytelling Competition!

Post by Jaster »

Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Can we expect a dramatic re-telling of the Legend of the Frigid Cuirass?
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Probaby not, I'd hate to overshadow all of the other talented storytellers and performers. Sorry, adoring fans!

If you must get your fix, however, you can always search for the historical record of the second-ever telling of the Legend of the Frigid Cuirass on this very BBS. A bit primitive, yes, but excellent nonetheless. :D
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

Hey all,

Just a reminder that this is in a couple of days. Feel free to npcmail Yala those registrations if you were thinking of participating. Time is a running out! Not wanting to participate? No worries—feel free to drop by Grifs and vote. The start time is 6:00 game time on December 8. In the meantime, here is the tale of the frigid cuirass:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=649&p=2337&hilit=L ... rass#p2337
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hi,
Thank you so much for the stories and the event hosting!
It was super fun to read the contributions--which were both perfect--and to be part of the audience.
And of course the stew was delicious, too ;)
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.
Vestyn
GM

Post by Vestyn »

Hi All,

Well this came two weeks later than I had originally anticipate—so sorry about the delay!

Instead of having the winter solstice celebration, we will be having it to celebrate the new year! Please feel free to join us this Saturday the 4th at 7:00 game time, or seven bells post-zenith if you prefer, to see how the storytelling competition concludes. It will take place in Haiban’s formal ballroom, so dress nice, bring a dance partner, and be ready to have a good time!

I thank all the participants for their patients; the holiday season took off and I didn’t ever have a chance to catch up and they have been extremely gracious in my spotty replies and schedule changes once or twice. There will be food and fun. I hope to see you there!

Return to “General IC Discussion”