Gunther and the nest

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Rithiel

Gunther and the nest

Post by Rithiel »

After a group of individuals found and entered a hidden cave in Bristbane Forest, they discovered an infested nest teeming with giant mushrooms, beetles, flies, worms, and bowtruckles. They dared to enter, but were overwhelmed, and after some discussion, decided to quarantine the nest with the help of Tse Gaiyan until a larger force could be gathered to venture once more into the cave in the hopes of destroying all resen within.

Word has spread far and wide of this discovery, as well as the location and death of Gunther, former acting mayor of Shadgard, who was found holed up in the nest with a guard and a prisoner. This news has particularly rocked Shadgard, where many citizens still thought he was a stand-up guy, or at least seemed to like how he ran the place.

Sheriff Samuel has temporarily stepped into the leadership void that has appeared in Shadgard in the wake of this most disturbing news.
Slaidh

Re: Gunther and the nest

Post by Slaidh »

It was all a setup to get us killed!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Note: Tse Gaiyan are once again allowed into town, but they should still be wary - some in Shadgard still support Gunther or his suspicions about the Tse Gaiyan organization.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Slaidh wrote:It was all a setup to get us killed!
Pretty much, although I think the haunting is what really did people in.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

So... Wednesday night? Who's down?
Slaidh

Post by Slaidh »

I am, and this time I'm making sure I have the Boar's blessing!

I think it was my roar that messed everyone up, not the haunting. When River died it disbanded the group, and my roar hit everyone. Sorry!
xavier

Post by xavier »

I'm down.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Sounds good.
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

Awesome event. I expected a little more flare on the completion. When we cleared the cavern it was just...clear. No final baddy, no reward. Not that participating wasn't its own reward. I'm just saying we wandered around for 30 minutes trying to figure out if it was over when a quick conclusion like the tunnels collapsing over a couple minutes could have gotten everyone out and maybe had some gems tumble out of the exit or something from the rocks. Just a suggestion.
baerden

Post by baerden »

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to check relations with certain towns.

I entered Shadgard to see just how welcome i'd be and was greeted by the deputy and thrown into jail for resisting arrest, not sure how that happened. The resisting arrest part.

Anyways, none of the townsfolk merchants will sell anything to me except the music shoppe, and they've taken my stuff to the bank vault and are holding it for a ransom of 5000 riln.

I don't know what I can do to get back into good favor but I would like to.

EDIT:

I was leaving town to go off to find a way to repay my debt to the bank and was approached by the militia and prompty re-arrested for resisting arrest again. I'm surrendering every time so there has to be some sort of bug thats not clearing my wanted status and is accusing me of resisting arrest..

They now want 10000 riln and I suspect it will only increase as I try to enter town to pay to get my things back.
Last edited by baerden on Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Sounds like you were wanted for a past activity. You just need to pay the fee in those cases.
baerden

Post by baerden »

I've only ever had 1 past incident, where I promptly surrendered and paid all fines associated with it.
Gruff

Post by Gruff »

Sounds like this needs it's own thread to quickly call GM attention to it.

Landing in a thread it is completely unrelated to could likely allow it to be passed over.
baerden

Post by baerden »

Rias wrote:Note: Tse Gaiyan are once again allowed into town, but they should still be wary - some in Shadgard still support Gunther or his suspicions about the Tse Gaiyan organization.
Gruff wrote:Sounds like this needs it's own thread to quickly call GM attention to it.

Landing in a thread it is completely unrelated to could likely allow it to be passed over.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

I'd wager there are numerous bugs/issues with reputation and jailing similar to this that are unkown, simply due to the fact that people tend to avoid getting into trouble with the system all together. It's largely untested by the playerbase.

I know some of the times I have been arrested were buggy experiences, and the system has changed a bit since. The only reason I know of, under the current mechanics, for you to keep being re-arrested would be that for whatever reason your reputation with Shadgard has been decreased to such a low level that you are considered an outlaw there,thus unallowed in the city.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

The bug folder would be a great place to discuss this, not the IC Discussion folder.
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I meant to release some information regarding the nest in game, but got caught up with stuff this weekend. Rather than do it tomorrow during the day, I'm going to post something here as the NPC Evrek (I'll simply edit this post). If you have questions, feel free to post them here, and we'll see if this works or if I should have just done it at an inconvenient time.
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Where is this intended to take place if it were in-game? As in... will it be Evrek speaking at a neutral location?
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Yes, neutral location outside of Bristbane Forest.

Return to “General IC Discussion”