A Knight's Journal (Discussion)

In-character posts and discussion regarding the world of Arad, recent events, etc.
Alexander

A Knight's Journal (Discussion)

Post by Alexander »

I decided it would be better to start a separate thread for discussion, so as not to interrupt the IC posts in the journal thread.

I am curious to know what this zealous nature is that Troy observed in my character. It has always been my intent that he (Alexander) is decidedly *not* the kind of overzealous or blindly zealous paladin character that is so common and so overdone in modern fantasy. If I have failed in that, I would like to know so that I may correct his behavior in the future.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Troy

Post by Troy »

From my perspective as a player, Troy remembers Alexander from the Thaelsh storyline happenings and some of the drama that went down there. Alexander made a pretty strict stand against some things that seemed a bit zealous to Troy at the time. I remember being locked in an inn room with Amyia(?) and a few other people discussing things.

As you keep reading I think you may find Troy to be a bit unconventional(or even hypocritical), which may add to his skewed views of how he views other Knights, especially the Viali. You may have noticed how he judged Saeda rather quickly, when he had only met her once so far.

So I suppose try not to take it too personally if Troy's view of your character isn't how you view them. It doesn't and shouldn't mean that everyone else sees your character that way too.
Lae

Post by Lae »

Your journal has made me gigglesnort a few times. Tempted to poison you now.

>.>

<.<
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hey! Something really was in that pie! Or some GM was messing with me at the time. Grumble grumble.
Lae

Post by Lae »

:c

You malign my cooking! You make me cry!
http://i.imgur.com/SuO0Fej.gif
[FROM Rias (OOC)]: Jaster can now pick the lock on your bathroom door. I don't want any more details on that bug report.
You ask, "Are we there yet?"
Bryce angrily says, "I will turn this horse RIGHT AROUND."
Speaking to you, Jaster exclaims, "Compassion, Sister Lae!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

My guess is it was the incident where Alexander was "zealous" in his stand against another templar's overzealousness (or rather quickness to judge) toward a non-templar, which would make Troy's interpretation pretty amusing.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I've never seen anything, personally, that makes Alexander seem over zealous.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I guess the danger here is that by publicly and widely sharing something that's supposed to be personal opinion and unknown to others IC is that people can still read those things and change their own opinion based on the opinions presented in the material. We'll just have to depend on our players to be smart and mature enough to not do that.
The lore compels me!
Troy

Post by Troy »

You're reading the journalistic ramblings Troy, reminiscing about a past memory of a man he hasn't seen in over half a year.

At the time, going toe-to-toe with Sharinas and Dimmes seems pretty darn "zealous" to Troy, though since then he has changed somewhat since he was last stationed in Shadgard. Troy actually never says that that the behavior is a bad thing, at least in this case and he even ponders if Alexander is like himself, having a bit of a rebellious streak when it comes to certain authority figures.

Troy does concider Alexander a friend, and even looks up to him. Just because he ponders the ideals or actions of a man in his private thoughts, and may even label those actions as 'zealous' doesn't and shouldn't be taken to mean that Troy would suddenly start running through the streets telling everyone that Alexander is an light-blinded zealot. Far from it.

Please take these posts with a grain of salt. Just because Troy puts something in his journal does not mean that he will act on it in game, or the other way around.

I'll second what Rias said. I'm asking people to be mature and smart about these posts, realizing that what is in them are often ponderings, ramblings or simply abstract opinions and thoughts and your characters will not know any of these things unless they become close to Troy and discuss such in game.
Last edited by Troy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

It was not my intent to complain or cast doubt on Troy, nor was any offense taken. I only worried that I had slipped and caused my character to act contrary to how I intended him to be, and wanted prevent it from happening in the future. My apologies for the apparent mountain resulting from a molehill.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

I enjoy reading Troy's posts, it's nifty to see how he sees each character he meets. Please keep posting! :)
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I wasn't meaning to come off as defensive or anything. I enjoy posting and writing about my character. I also don't mind discussing my thoughts as the player as to Troy's ideals and feelings here in this thread either.

I just felt I should add some to what Rias posted to help clarify, and to reiterate my little disclaimer.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

The constable is an assassin. Thanks for recognizing!
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

On the flip side, expect to have people post in their defense if you write about them in a way they believe is inaccurate. Since you're sharing these with the public, even if it's OOC that other people are reading it as in this case, people still don't like to see their characters misrepresented to the public at large, IC or OOC.
The lore compels me!

Return to “General IC Discussion”