Animate minion commands suggestion

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Vaelin

Animate minion commands suggestion

Post by Vaelin »

With the newest change in animates, here are some unlockable minion commands suggestions to add to their versatility.

Minion gather (arrow/stone/ammo/bolt/hurled) - will make the minion gather their ammo.
Minion autobarrage - toggles if the minion will do battle assist or barrage.
minion hide - commands the animate to hide

I think it would be good if these would be unlocked at higher sorcery skill. Also, I was just thinking this since many animates just battle and aren't able to go to ranged.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Animate minion commands suggestion

Post by Lun »

Piggybacking the animate minion commands suggestion thread, If it wouldn't be too much trouble, being able to parse commands through "minion" as if we were doing it from the minion perspective would be nice.
Last edited by Lun on Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ilsinam

Post by ilsinam »

Lun wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:32 pm If it wouldn't be too much trouble, being able to parse commands through "minion" as if we were doing it from the minion perspective would be nice.
How do you mean?
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

If starting any syntax with 'minion' returned information as if you were issuing the command from within the minion. E.G. 'minion glance' would return information about what's in the minions hands, 'minion swap' would swap the minions hands around. It might be too much flexibility but it was a thought.
ilsinam

Post by ilsinam »

Ah. I see I see. Just with minion controls, not through possession.
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

As of now, Rooks have had a good bit of work done on them with code updates, additions, abilities, aka 'love'. And we try not to give too much 'love' to any one faction for too long. So, we are not looking to add anything more to them, at this time.

As an interesting behind the scenes tidbit. There actual is a command that can be used to parse other commands through the follower. Such as, "miniondo say Hello!"' and the follower will run the command as if they did it. Sadly, this is not something that we will be releasing to the general public as it has WAY too much potential for abuse and should be considered on the "will never be done, so don't ask" list.

However, you can use the emote command to have them do things, in a roleplay sense, if it is done very sparingly and tactfully. For example, using the emote command to say "emote's familiar looks at Fredegar with glaring blue eyes." is fine but "emote's familiar turns into a fiddle and plays the devil's duel while prancing back n forth"' is not. I mostly discourage folks from using the emote command in this way unless you understand the lore, have been around a long while and are willing to do so with a very light touch and not something extreme like the latter example.
It's not easy being evil...
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I appreciate the response, Noctere! That is a fascinating behind the scenes tidbit, and I was thinking that it might be too much power to the player for the potential for abuse as well. Still, I figured asking didn't hurt!

I do appreciate the recent changes in regards to love a lot, and I know there will be more in the future once it has been spread around!

Return to “Rook Parlour”