Buggy Animates

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
TheCacklackian

Buggy Animates

Post by TheCacklackian »

Would it be possible to take animates that aren't currently guarding you off of wander? They like to roam off when they're not guarding you and it makes it frustrating to use them for anything but a tank. When taken off of guard, they tend to leave the room for several moments, then teleport back in, this can be problematic if you're in an area that's particularly dangerous, and your animate just walks off into another room instead of helping you fight, or worse, walks into a room where it gets killed because it's alone against several enemies. It can also mean that when you walk into a room to fight, they may not be there immediately to assist, or at all.

Another thing I've noticed is that they do not always have the combat skills they've had in life. I understand not wanting to let animates have any crafting skills as it would circumvent players needing to craft their own things, or mine/woodwork ect cetra, but when you hunt a slinger npc in hopes of having a slinging animate, only to find out they have no sling skill at all, it's kind of unhelpful. I'm not sure if this is still a problem, but I know that it's happened in the past.

I would like to be able to create animates that are useful out of every 'style' of combative npc. But as is, they're only useful to make animates with high block and armor use, because unless they are guarding you, they just seem to wander really too often. I know there are probably bigger issues, and that you guys are really busy as of late, but is there any possibility this could be looked into?
Noctere
Coder

Re: Buggy Animates

Post by Noctere »

Animates have always been a bit buggy and this is a known issue that has sort of become set in stone as an accepted bug. They work well enough to be useful but they should not be considered a 100% polished item either. At this point the choice is between having them as is or not at all. There are many reasons why this is the case but let's just say it's a dead horse topic.
It's not easy being evil...
TheCacklackian

Re: Buggy Animates

Post by TheCacklackian »

Having gotten a few more different types of animates, I've determined it's not that all animates are buggy, just that the ones I had been playing with for a long time are buggy. Some of the more end game ones are far less buggy and do not tend to roam about! This means that my major gripe with them is less prevalent now, as I don't experience it nearly as often..(PS...please add more higher skilled human enemies to the game. High Tier animates are almost entirely canim/infested)

Return to “Rook Parlour”