Spell Suggestion: Blood Barbs: A lore-friendly Ice Barbs

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Spell Suggestion: Blood Barbs: A lore-friendly Ice Barbs

Post by Lun »

A sorcerer will often find himself in a hairy situation where life and death are decided in a short period of time. This spell, known as Blood Barbs, employs the power found in blood to feed soul shreds stored in your Blood Talisman to take form around your weapon, bolstered by an infusion of nether, they will be able to add damage to your blows.
(OOC: Deals a small amount of damage to the caster, converts a number of soul shreds from a Blood Talisman into a temporary damage enhancement. The more soul shreds within the talisman at the time of casting, the greater the durability of the blood barbs. This spell cannot be recast until the previous blood barbs have been destroyed. Upon destruction of barbs, deal damage to weapon durability.)
Skill Requirements: 150 Cryomancy, 150 Sorcery
Tamsin

Re: Spell Suggestion: Blood Barbs: A lore-friendly Ice Barbs

Post by Tamsin »

Sounds really neat, but also... really heavy negative repercussions. Surely no other guild has such overly damaging abilities for little reward? (ignoring fury shout for Dwaedn Wyr of course)
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

Ice-Barbs or, other versions of the same spell, have been a long standing debate amongst the GMs. There are both lore concerns and mechanics/balance concerns. If they are to ever to appear in the game again they will probably take the shape of something similar to a crysorcerous shield where cryomancy is used to hold nether in place to maintain a shape. However, right now they are way on the bottom of the "to be looked at" list until other items in the world are resolved.
It's not easy being evil...
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

I would quite like to see more spells requiring cryomancy. Currently, I am playing Tirya as more of a cryomancer, but have no real reason to train it up yet until I can get my animate meat shield.

... though I guess I could just use Zeel as my meat shield >:D
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Craig

Post by Craig »

I think I'd have preferred some kind of nether aura around the businesss end of the weapon to forming barbs personally, a little more mystical and a little less brutal.

Return to “Rook Parlour”