Deanimate/Recall familiar/Unanimate

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Deanimate/Recall familiar/Unanimate

Post by Lun »

I wish there was a way to recall your summoned familiar from inside an animate, so we could reuse the body at a later time.

There's a lot of times when it's inconvenient to have the animate around, like when it's infested and you want to go into town. Procuring the body takes a lot of work, and outright dismissing it and having it all go away is very frustrating.

Fixing minion lay/stay so it doesn't bug the animate into being stuck in the void would also be a cool bugfix or feature i'd like implemented.
Noctere
Coder

Re: Deanimate/Recall familiar/Unanimate

Post by Noctere »

This was an issue that was discussed amongst the GMs a loooooong time ago. It was decided that a Rook would be unable to retrieve the original familiar from a major manifestation or from an animate. This way you would need to choose how you would wish to keep your sorcery pet and should not be able to easily change it like a new set of clothing. With that said, please keep in mind that the sorcery pet commands have always been a bit wonky. We have made a few fixes over the years but they still remain something that has never been 100% polished.

However, you "can" keep a pet to stay put if you use the minion lay command. The only draw back to this is that you must make sure to be in the same room and make sure the minion is no longer in the minion stay command when you exit the game. This was supposedly fixed a few times but it still has shown to sometimes swallow the minion into the void if you forget to do so.
It's not easy being evil...
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Deanimate/Recall familiar/Unanimate

Post by Lun »

Oh, thank you for clarifying this!

I do realize that pet commands are on the wonky side, I just thought to mention it and I may have come off a bit too snarky about it. I've come to accept the little quirks with the system, and I thought to mention the laying thing sending them off into oblivion. I avoid using it when logging off, but it sometimes happens where I'll disconnect/crash. I always feel bad for spamming "Can I have my animate back" as a bug or regular report.

Return to “Rook Parlour”