Suggestion: Corpse Stashing

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
jilliana

Suggestion: Corpse Stashing

Post by jilliana »

Sometimes the dead guys and gals keep piling up and you run the risk of someone coming along and just looting and burying before you even get the chance to harvest their souls and your work just went out the window.

Corpse stashing is exactly what one might think it is. It is the ability to hide a limited number of corpses at once behind trees and shrubbery nearby.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Fayne

Re: Suggestion: Corpse Stashing

Post by Fayne »

I like it. Especially now that corpses seem to like disappearing much faster.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Sounds stinky, and as far as I know, bodies don't disappear unless you walk out of the room they're in. If you're with a group you can be like can you not bury the next few guys, I want to use their bodies wooooooo spooky. Plus can't you only use non damaged bodies for minions and the like?
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Well, every time you harvest, it's -10 on energy, and if you're already winded or tired, you're more likely to get a shade. That's why Rooks tend to pile up bodies. And, it's particularly handy when you're training solo and by the time you type out to someone not to touch your corpses, they're already looted, buried and the person is gone.

Mighty annoying when you have a task.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Just for clarification as well, this isn't meant to collect bodies indefinitely. This is more for those soul shred tasks and can't do the harvesting instantly because of the reasons mentioned in my previous post to this thread.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

I never had these issues when I was playing my rook. Perhaps finding another place that is less inhabited by players is your best bet for a temp solution. I don't think being able to stash bodies should really be a thing, but that's just my own opinion. The suggestion above though would probably save you a headache. If you're in the lost caravan collecting soul shreds, consider going to the north planes to hunt for your pray, or the mistral forest, or shroom wood. Just go after small game.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Small game isn't supposed to be a good source of soul shreds. I don't know if you can harvest them or not, but I didn't think you could. Soul shreds are supposed to be at least somewhat of a challenge to get, since the things Rooks can do with them are so powerful.

Also, bodies do start to disappear in the same room as you. I don't know if it is a set timer, or a number limit, but because we had a few people get body counts of over 100 a few times, and many more people made piles that weren't quite as big but were still rediculous, you won't be able to save many bodies if you're swarmed or have to go through your energy a few times before you get a quiet moment to harvest.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Eehhh, I don't like the idea of being able to hide corpses in a room, especially if it's primarily to assist Rooks harvesting corpses. If your "problem" is that you've got more corpses than you can harvest efficiently, it sounds like you're already enjoying quite a bounty. If you're standing somewhere where critters keep respawning super-fast and cause a problem for you, stand somewhere else where they don't show up as often.

If someone is coming in and looting/burying your kills, that's a more general problem you need to confront them about.
Fayne wrote:Also, bodies do start to disappear in the same room as you.
Are you sure? I've had a character standing in a room with 156 infested carrier corpses for a couple hours now, and the corpses are all still there. They disappear naturally the same way items do (when they're corpses, they ARE items), so if corpses are disappearing, items would be, too.
The lore compels me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Well, they did at one point. Dunno who it was that said it, all I know is someone asked why it seemed like they had less corpses than they had killed, and a GM mentioned my above statement. This was a while back though, a few months. Guess I was wrong. Oh well, no serious harm done, right?

Return to “Rook Parlour”