Thought/Suggestion?: Harvest 10 Souls

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Alaia

Thought/Suggestion?: Harvest 10 Souls

Post by Alaia »

Maybe there's a balance thing that I'm missing, but the more I perform this task, the more I wonder why you only gain 25 Progress Points for killing 5 things and turning them in. You get 75 for the "Go kill this one thing and get us that soul." A friend reasoned that maybe you get points for harvest the souls, but even if that's the case, other guilds get points for killing something + 75 points for the task of completing a kill-task.

It just seems like it'd be reasonable to get the 75 points you get for target-kill tasks for the 10 Shreds task, since you did have to kill 5 things to get them (at some point in time), and you're turning over a valuable resource to yourself in the process (since most of the abilities take shreds). Or even if it's not 75, something more than 25 (after all, you get 35 for the ground-herb task, and that's less effort than hunting).

Just a thought.
I play: Vanja - Khadija - Solveig - Alaia
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: Thought/Suggestion?: Harvest 10 Souls

Post by preiman »

Because it's not a kill task, it's a gather one. A kill task asks you to go find something dangerous, fight it, and report. The soul task on the other hand just needs the shreds, it doesn't care where or how you get them just that you do.
There is nothing stopping you from finding the easiest kills you can and getting what you need.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Barius

Post by Barius »

Or scavenging someone else's kills?
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Would also like to point out, not all guilds get points for killing things plus whatever the task earns them. And yes, Rooks get GP for every successful harvest they pull off, so you could potentially hunt bunnies all day long, harvest their little bunny souls, and and (bunny) rank up from doing that.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

Not quite, in the past there have been changes to low-level/low-skill creatures to prevent a rook from farming shreds. And you do get significantly higher points for quests that require a particular (dangerous/strong/scarred) creature.

Unless that has changed since I last did tasks. Which is possible.

Return to “Rook Parlour”