New Abilities

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
June

New Abilities

Post by June »

What do you think of the ability to have or summon skeletal or spectral warriors which do not guard you so much as assist you in fighting, this skill costs Souls Shards per guard.

I also thought about, a higher ranking Cyromancy spell which allows someone to create weapons from a list, such as: Dagger, Short Sword, Spear, ect. Possibly even Arrows.

Lastly, what do you think of a skill which allowed you to train with any skill at the cost of significant amount of soul shards but it can only be used if you are not studying anything before it is used.
Last edited by June on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The living turn a deaf ear to the fallen, even though the spirits come to those who call them...
~The Pale Lady
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Sorcerers will have a nice wide variety of summons/minions, eventually.

I like the idea of using cryomancy to create some (temporary) weapons out of ice. I'd probably have it require a water source in the area (like a well or stream, or perhaps even from a filled watering bucket), since sorcerers don't have access to hydromancy.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Or like really bad weapons from the moisture in the air?One or two hits and they shatter?
June

Post by June »

Umm.. Is there a way to add Ice Barbs to my armor? I mostly fight unarmed opponents so having them strike a barbed target should make them take damage, right?
The living turn a deaf ear to the fallen, even though the spirits come to those who call them...
~The Pale Lady
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

It doesn't work currently, but it's on the to-do list.
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Hoar Frost
Rooks that are particularly skilled in the use of Cryomancy are able to learn a technique that allows for the fine manipulation of the cold, to the point where they can create a sheet of hoar frost over an area.

Prerequisites:
Cryomancy: 100

Mechanic Notes
Hoar frost would be an AoE non damaging spell that lays a sheet of frost over an area, and the inhabitants. This accomplishes two things. Firstly, it has a high chance of revealing anyone hidden, and secondly, it has a high chance of revealing someone sneaking into and out of the room by leaving footprints.

The spell has a duration based on the current climate of the room. The warmer and drier the environment, the faster the frost dissapates. However, keeping a cryomancy channel up while casting it (and maintaining the channel) will keep the spell active in the room.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate

Return to “Rook Parlour”