Guild relocated, open to public

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Guild relocated, open to public

Post by Rias »

The Guild of Scary Sorcerers (still to be renamed) is now open to the public. In addition, the guild has been moved. The entrance can be found in the graveyard west of Shadgard.

There aren't a whole lot of abilities available yet, but development for this guild is high on the list.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Woot! Time to break... err try out the evil Elamancer Guild!
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

They're quite different from Elemancers.
The lore compels me!
Landion

Post by Landion »

I didn't mention yet, but I did add a training dummy(dummies are dumb) for newer members as a part of the guild chapter hall for those who wish to practice skills away from the public eye.

I'm also thinking that adding a lounge area with some food and a place for members to discuss their 'philosophies' and whatnot.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Considering sorcerers would seem to tend to be outcasts and find themselves unwelcome in town, I would think a place for them to socialize amongst themselves and acquire food would be both useful and reasonable. They might also benefit from their own version of a healer akin to Hildibrand, if they do not have one already.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

why a healer?Would it not make much more sense to have a pillar of shadowy power which pulls them back from death thereby removing any injuries?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Sorcery is the manipulation of nether, and nether is by its nature deconstructive when in contact with organic materials. It's virtually the opposite of thaumaturgy, and has no healing power. The closest it can come is its ability to corrupt and transfer energy (see the effects of Soul Harvest, Essence Leech), but that is a transfer of energy, not a physical healing effect.

Obviously, it can be manipulated in such a way as to not harm organic materials (animated corpses, for instance, are not constantly being damaged by the nether animating them), but there's a difference between preventing something from damaging flesh and causing something to repair damaged flesh.

I think it's plain why they wouldn't have a thaumaturge in their guild healing people, so the remaining option is a conventional physician/herbalist (which doesn't require any magic or adhering to any moral guidelines). After all, bodies in good repair make better vessels for reanimation.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Oh no.I didn't mean pure nether.They have harnessed the nether to drain energy from some unknown source and the energy is used to reverse the ravishes of time and the elements from the sorcerers.

Return to “Rook Parlour”