Rook parlour combat tasks

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Jaren

Rook parlour combat tasks

Post by Jaren »

I have recently tried my hand at doing some guild tasks again when I noticed I keep getting sent to EXTREMELY dangerous areas to combat men or creatures which would take a whole group to destroy. I have been asked to kill a super task basilisk, a super task scorpion, super logging camp archers(one could challenge a group of 5), ebon camp mercenaries.. etc etc.

I realize that the game wants to give me a challenge but this is just crazy. I would also have no qualms assembling a group for these but I feel as though I am being insulted if my task giver only gives me 25 guild points and a chucks a few coins at me for assembling a super group and venturing into the far deep deep wilderness for such a dangerous tasks. I also feel as though I am being punished for trying to do guild tasks with higher skills. This problem may even extend to other guilds with similar tasks.

Here are a few suggestions which may fix the problem:
- Re-adjust dangerous creature tasks to be easier.
- Re-adjust dangerous creature tasks for easier quantity kills as opposed to a single SUPER DIFFICULT quality kill.
- Greatly up the reward for these tasks assuming that one will have to form a group to accomplish them. (perhaps even reward fellow group members)
- Perhaps offer the choice of taking a large reward group task or a simple solo task when you ask for a task.
"When someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES!"
Winston Zeddmore
Derik

Re: Rook parlour combat tasks

Post by Derik »

I would be neat if the system was smart enough so everyone in your group could get the same "major" task. This way assembling the group could be easier as people could go and receive a task for killing the same thing.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Derik's idea most likely apply best if it was a group of Rook.
It wouldn't make as much sense if it was say, a group with craftsmen or other guild that isn't particularly fight-oriented due to the fact that they don't get those types of tasks.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Derik

Post by Derik »

True, my assumption was this would still be in theme. Guilds that don't get along wouldn't have the same Mega tasks (exceptions for really big things? probably reserved for GM events I'd guess). Guilds that don't have combat tasks wouldn't have these combat mega tasks. That's not to say you couldn't have non-combat version of these tasks. Find 1000 rosemary for the annul feast. etc
Methiur

Post by Methiur »

True, but the group tasks are situations where you might actually hire a mercenary. I like the option. :)

Return to “Rook Parlour”