Thoughts on Minor Animation

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Marauder

Thoughts on Minor Animation

Post by Marauder »

So I finally got to 500 Sorcery after day after day of grinding, and I animated my first minion. It works fine and all, but I noticed one major thing lacking in the minion command list. An "outfit" command that allows the Rook to equip and de-equip their animated minion, thus granting them the ability to actually use their weapon skills if they had any prior to being killed and reanimated, and allowing the Rook to customize the minion's wardrobe.

My major complaint is that I (most likely) need to get to 700 Sorcery and get Possession to make my minion effective in combat. While I haven't actually had the chance to attempt to place things on a corpse and THEN animate it, that's more work and more complicated than it needs to be. So my suggestion here is what I said before, an "outfit" command that allows us to place armor/clothing and weapons onto the body of and into the hands of our minion.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Noctere
Coder

Post by Noctere »

In the future, I was thinking about adding a little more utility to the minion commands but this is how the system works for now. If you wait in the same area where an animate just died until it has fully rested and stands on its own, it will then retrieve the weapon it just had in life. So, there are two ways to do this.

#1 Kill a potential humanoid without causing any major wounds that would prevent its animation. Animate it then wait for it to rest and stand then it will grab the weapon it just dropped.

#2 Kill it the same way as above. Grab the weapon it was carrying from the floor and drag the corpse to a safe location. Drop the weapon on the floor (make sure it was the one it had in life) then animate the corpse, wait for it to rest, stand and grab its weapon.

Once you have access to the possession spell you will be able to equip your animate in more detail.
It's not easy being evil...
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

That's a bit overcomplicated, but comforting to know, that they attempt to re-equip themselves with their former weapon(s). Thanks.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
ilsinam

Re: Thoughts on Minor Animation

Post by ilsinam »

Just some thoughts regarding Minor Animation. As animates are living breathing creations, would it be possible that they have a more descript appearance other than:
Nothing particularly unusual about a...
Perhaps maintaining their previous appearance a little.
Just a thought.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Re: Thoughts on Minor Animation

Post by Lun »

It would be really cool if we could stick an amalgamate into a corpse with minor animation, then when the corpse expires it returns to its amalgamate form, similar to the wild nethrim.

Return to “Rook Parlour”