Minor Haunting suggestions

A private club of philosophers discussing the secrets behind life and death.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Minor Haunting suggestions

Post by Lun »

Note: The effects are undergoing editing. The current description is stock, meant to hold the idea in place.

1. A shadowy silhouette fades into being before <target>, mist resolving into its shadowy figure.
Effect: Summons temporary friendly spirit to aid the sorcerer in combat. Does not take orders and disappears once haunting is over or when destroyed.

2. Shadowy silhouettes float and swirl rapidly around <friendly spirit>, flowing into him!
A <friendly spirit> appears somewhat rejuvenated.
Effect: Friendly spirit regains energy as if aided. (Includes shadow familiar)

3. Tendrils of black smoke seep up out of the ground around <friendly spirit>, quickly resolving into grasping, shadowy hands! Before it can react, <friendly spirit> returns to mist and disappears.
Effect: Destroys a spawned spirit, but not a familiar.
Last edited by Lun on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have nothing productive to say, therefore, I must be heard!
Rasui

Re: Minor Haunting suggestions

Post by Rasui »

Please can we have a way to dismiss a haunting? When I am through I would like to remove it so others in the area don't get harmed by it.
Avedri

Post by Avedri »

That's half the fun.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

With the new Command Nether ability, the first and third suggestions are kind of null. But I think it'd be neat if you could trade a haunting field for a summoned spirit as an extension of the field, like cast 310 spirit. This would solve the "I wish I could dispell a haunting field" dilemma too.

Example:

You grasp your etched fang talisman, willing the released spirits to coalesce into tangible form.
The area suddenly brightens as the spirits gather, the temperature returning to normal. The spirits combine to form a < neutral shade>.

The shade's abilities would be the casters sorcery/2, much like a familiar. You can then proceed to command the spirit.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Cool idea and an interesting way to drop the field...

Return to “Rook Parlour”