Artisan Leatherworking

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Xyra

Artisan Leatherworking

Post by Xyra »

Just wanted to post real quick to ask about this.

Right now it gives a massive bonus but requires a massive skill to get. However, I would think that it is supposed to be like Artisan Blacksmithing and be gotten early and improve with skill. My question is simply is it supposed to be like Artisan Blacksmithing? And if so, is the super high skill requirement because it hasn't been worked up fully to be so yet, or some simple oversight that left the initial requirement the same as the highest version requirement?

Also, a small side question: Might it be possible to know at what point the Artisan Blacksmithing bonuses kick in? Right now all we know is that eventually we get a bunch of bonuses. I'm sure it doesn't matter much for the older artisans that already have 1000+ forging skills, but for us newer people, knowing that the final bonus kicks in at 400 or 500 or 600 skill or whenever could be rather important for getting the most out of our training.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Artisan Leatherworking

Post by Jirato »

I think the plan was to make it like artisan blacksmithing, yes. Just hasn't been done yet.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

As I said before, because we did discuss this, Leatherworking and Lapidary will be getting the same treatment as Blacksmithing. Unfortunately, I am not a coder so I need to wait for someone to do this for me. I can't make it go any faster.

We also typically don't discuss numbers around here, but I will look into it and see if I can make it clearer in the description what kind of work you'll need to do to unlock the bonuses.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

Okay, that's what I thought. I mostly just wanted to check that it hadn't already been done and some little bug was making it unobtainable until the end. I know you have tons on your plate, so I'll wait till it floats to the top of the list or I get the 750 skill to get it :)
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

Any time a change is made it's documented, either in the changelog or in an announcement of some type. When it is done, I will make sure that all of you are aware of it.
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

I'm sorry, I meant done before I started, I haven't checked changelogs from before I started, which was after the initial generalization. I didn't remember us talking about it. I didn't mean to bug you about it again.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

You're not bugging me, getting my artisans where they need to be is one of my top priorities, but I'm limited in what I can actually accomplish without nagging someone. Sadly I'm still new at coding.
Xyra

Post by Xyra »

Wish I could help. I know some coding, but I doubt I could do much, and I don't know that I could commit to something that is such a big project.

Return to “Artisans”