Lumberjack lovin'

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Lumberjack lovin'

Post by Lun »

With the idea of the player based economy in mind, I was hoping that there'd be some lumberjack love in abilities. At the moment we still have Lumberjack Apprentice, Journeyman, and Master, but they don't do much more than add a % weight to skillgains and logging rolls.

Ideas to spruce up lumberjacking mastery:
Reduce the chance of a tree falling on someone in my group to something real low. I should know where to chop the tree so it doesn't fall on me, at the very least. (This was the only idea I actually had, the rest are fluff)

Super hero log strength! From all that tree felling, your arms are solid bands of raw muscle! Gain ability to toss spiders and other small creatures out the room. I haven't got the time to deal with you right now!

Tree planting? My life should be more than felling trees, dagnabbit, I should be cultivating them! Raising them! Chance to get a sapling item from chopping a tree that I can plant for a limited number of fellings of that type of tree. (Okay no that sounds silly even to me)
Last edited by Lun on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jirato
DEV

Re: Lumberjack lovin'

Post by Jirato »

I like the reduced chance of tree falling on nearby players thing with master lumberjack ability.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

can we also have it the other way, maybe a way to aim trees?
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
merin
CLOK Patron

Post by merin »

lol. fell pine maric.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

preiman wrote:can we also have it the other way, maybe a way to aim trees?
I like the way you think.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

So like... target someone and chop tree? You know felling a tree takes like... a minute, right?
I guess they wouldn't expect it.
Assassination by tree! No one is wiser, everyone thinks it's an accident! (except that I'm on the other side of the tree while glaring menacingly at you and huffing at the tree)

Other perks I could think of:
Advanced Okayness: I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay. Your constant state of calmness grants you a bonus to your 'avoiding being webbed roll'.
Lumberjack chant: Grant temporary bonus to lumberjacking by chanting this song of manliness.
Reduced fumble on pushing log through watermill.

Fun facts of lumberjacking:
It takes at minimum 50 seconds in order to turn 1 log into 4 flitches! (That's if you're some kind of scripting genius or something)
Takes almost a full energy bar to fell a tree and turn it into 4 logs (And you thought battling the nethrim and infested was hard!)
Last edited by Lun on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Annoying Udemi: Stop jacking here. Can't you see that the Gaea is weeping tears of wilting flowers. Stop disrupting this beautiful ecosystem. Hug it instead. Fill it with your love and rainbows will soon come.
Lumberjack: One sec
Chop chop chop chop
>Fell tree annoying udemi

Return to “Artisans”