Good artisan changes

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Re: Good artisan changes

Post by preiman »

I would object to any system where a player payed for a mechanical benefit of any kind.
I'd also be concerned about what the degradation system would do for very rare and expensive things like sunsteel. these things would eather have to become cheeper and more abundent, or they would never be used. and if you made them cheeper and more abundent, they wouldn't feel special any more.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I like Vinz's idea, and Kothar's isn't bad minus the paying for benefits. I do agree that sunsteel and celestium would be hardly ever used, but they are already so rare that no one uses them, so what would the difference be? And if anyone would pay 500000 or more riln for a masterful celestium or sunsteel item, and then never used it, well, that's their loss, and the system still works because they just sunk all that riln into something that isn't used anyway. To be honest, sunsteel, celestium, and nethrium all seem more like decorative things than actual weaponry. No one uses them because they don't want them to break or degrade, so really all they're good for is mounting on your mantle and bragging about.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

As a mostly casual player in this stage of my CLOK career, I oppose anything that seems to make the game less accessible to casual players. Making it so everything has a repair cap and breaks more easily would be a big hit to the enjoyment of people who aren't around all day long making riln that they can just throw into new equipment on a regular basis.

I want to be able to play this game, not work this game.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I'm a casual player as well, usually only able to play for an hour or two a day, if that. This wouldn't make it inaccessible. Average quality items are perfectly viable options, they don't do any less damage than the masterful items. And let's face it, we need something in place so the casual players aren't completely dominated by the hardcore players all the time. Plus, the point of the suggestion is to make average items more appealing and make exquisite and masterful items less accessible. When literally every character is carrying around exquisite wepaons all the time, something needs balanced. Exquisite shouldn't be the standard, average should be. Thus why it is average.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

You have a lot of inaccurate statements. I don't see how this favors casual players over hardcore players. Also, making all items have a repair cap and less durability isn't going to make average weapons any more appealing to people who can't afford better things anyway, it's just going to place undue hardship on them to replace their average gear that is breaking more often.

Maybe this would be better for artisan players, but it isn't good for the playerbase as a whole. It will be less friendly and will help alienate new or newer players who aren't already heavily tethered to the game.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

as to to the people using weapons made of rarer materials, we do use them, that's why we got them. ok maybe people aren't using bloodglass, but i don't know any active player who got riversteel, or sunsteel who isn't using it.
if the goal really is to shift the economy, do so in game. talk to the people driving those prices down. things used to be much more expensive, find out what changed and figure a way around it.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.

Return to “Artisans”