artisan leatherworking

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
sona

artisan leatherworking

Post by sona »

Does having leatherworking mastery give 100% chance of no degredation on repair like blacksmithing mastery does? If not, can this be a feature for leatherworking mastery?
Fayne

Re: artisan leatherworking

Post by Fayne »

I really wanna +1 this, but the messaging for repairing leather items suggests that areas that are too damaged are cut away and re-sewn, which would mean loss of quality would eventually be unavoidable simply because there becomes less and less material to work with. Maybe they can get a guarantee for scuffed, but for damaged or heavily damaged I would say there still needs to be a chance for degradation.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Fayne wrote:Maybe they can get a guarantee for scuffed, but for damaged or heavily damaged I would say there still needs to be a chance for degradation.
I like this compromise, a lot. Enough to add this for metal repairs too, although that would be considered a nerf I suppose. Will definitely be considering it. However, pretty much all profession-based abilities are on the table for rework with the upcoming ability generalization that we've hinted at here and there. I'm a bit hesitant to add this feature to leatherworking until we figure out exactly what the new leatherworking abilities are going to grant. It could be awhile.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
sona

Post by sona »

That's cool, at least we got some talk and thought flowing about for consideration.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Yay, my compromise was liked! :D
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Alicia

Post by Alicia »

So one thing I noticed about leather working:
So far no matter what damage level I have given a leather piece of armor to an NPC repair shop, it returns in the same quality.

No matter what damage level I have given it to a PC leatherworker the quality was reduced by 1-2 levels

Return to “Artisans”