Haiban logging area

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
sona

Haiban logging area

Post by sona »

Let me start of by saying thanks for the addition of an artisan only logging area in Haiban! It's a great idea, and can hopefully be used responsibly. I would like to request that more varieties of trees be added. I'm not sure if this area surveys differently, maybe based on logging skill? Or if there really is only a very slim selection of trees. Perhaps it's a bug. But I noticed that there's only about 3 different types of trees available here. As artisans, we require a large selection of trees to choose from in order to fulfill orders. Maybe not every tree, but perhaps a selection of 80% or so of the possible trees to find would be a good compromise in my mind. I understand if some of this isn't possible because of the climate/environment of Haiban. If that is the case, is it possible to have a tree nursery/similar area added to each major town, since they're located at 3 very different areas in game?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Haiban logging area

Post by Rias »

I say if you want to do the actual logging, go out and log where trees grow. To give people a nice variety of crafting wood types more conveniently available, we can have the marketplaces generate logs, cants, and flitches for purchase. While most markets will have mostly what grows nearby, Haiban could have a far wider variety, being the hub of trade that it is, and have a chance to provide some rarer woods now and then. There could be an exclusive sort of "first dibs" system for Coalition Artisans, or something.

An inexhaustible, always-available grove of a massive variety of trees crammed into one area just seems wrong.
The lore compels me!
sona

Post by sona »

That seems like a good compromise to me!
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

Rias wrote:An inexhaustible, always-available grove of a massive variety of trees crammed into one area just seems wrong.
Not to mention the amount of twitchy druids that place could cause.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

Yeah, the old logging area was kinda like that, but it was very intentional that the new one doesn't have a billion different tree types in it. Sorry!

Also, just as a heads up, I'm trying to figure out some sort of mechanic (we might have one already that I just don't know how to use?) that will limit the supply of trees. I never intended it to be something where people can just enter and log all they want.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!

Return to “Artisans”