Artisans: standardized pricing

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
sona

Artisans: standardized pricing

Post by sona »

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure we have any form of IC/In Game forum, or a way to collectively discuss things together at any one time as a group of Artisans. As such, I wanted to broach the idea of standardized pricing practices. They needn't be fair prices, necessarily, but I wondered what our artisans might think of using a pricing scheme like:

cost of item:
75 riln per pound of copper used at average quality
100 riln per pound of iron/steel used at average quality
??? riln per pound of cobalt/specialty metal used at average quality

modifiers of price:
misshapen: -20% base price
well-crafted: +20% base price
exquisite: +30% base price
masterful: +50% base price

Thoughts, or counters to the idea? I'd be interested in hearing what people think about this.
Ardor

Re: Artisans: standardized pricing

Post by Ardor »

I really think that is something that you should try to setup ingame.
sona

Post by sona »

Can you offer me any way to reliably, ICly, mass contact all members of the Artisans to give them all a chance to offer input, etc. At a specific time/date? Because it's an organizational suggestion, I think it's only fair that every artisan who is reasonably active.
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

You could send them a letter. You could post on all the boards. You could hunt them down ingame, you could suggest a meeting on ESP.
Dorn

Post by Dorn »

Or an IC post on the forums detailing about putting the post up ingame. Either way I'm with Ardor.
~Dorn
Uyoku takes a bite of her smelly skunk poop.
Skah

Post by Skah »

Yeah, these prices don't really line up with what people pay. For instance, there's a much larger premium for masterful and exquisite over average than 30-50%. That being said, this should totally be done IC, and I'm pretty sure if artisans acted on this post it'd be metagaming.
preiman
CLOK Patron

Post by preiman »

You can absolutely try, but you'll never get everyone to go along with it. In the end things will be sold for what people can get, with a few exceptions. That's just how it goes.
"I don't think we're ever going to find out what is going on with these canim, where are they coming from?!"
Kent arrives from the southeast.
Kent hugs you.
say um
You say, "Um."
a Mistral Lake sentry arrives from the east, armor clanking.
Kent heads north.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

And tell people to stop being so generous and giving things away for free all the time! Economy-ruiners!
The lore compels me!
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

I am with Rias on this. New pricing scheme: 1000 riln a pound of material for anything up to exquisite, maximum rarity of gold, 2000 for cobalt, 3000 for bloodglass and 30000 for sunsteel. Masterful is 20 times that.

Edit: I have decided that masterful was too cheap and am now going with 100 times.

Return to “Artisans”