Leaving Workcarts/wagons

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Aldric

Leaving Workcarts/wagons

Post by Aldric »

I'd like to encourage all the other traders to not leave their workcarts and wagons sitting around in Coalition space. It's been slowly getting out of hand. It can be rather frustrating when you are in a room with your own workcart/wagon, trying to get or place an item when there is another workcart/wagon there belonging to someone else.

I know I'm guilty of this too, as I was in the middle of mining this weekend and left my wagon outside my mine to take care of some stuff but never came back. But that wasn't really a high-traffic area or a place where people commonly place or take goods from their wagons/carts. I will make it a point to move my wagon to my private room in the Shadgard mine in the future though.

Right now, I see the following:
A handcart containing buckets and a hoe directly inside the clearing [Western Coalition, Entry]
An empty handcart just past the gate [Western Coalition, Courtyard]
2 wagons and a mount containing woodworking stuff in the wagon yard [Western Coalition, Wagon Yard]
A workcart containing woodworking stuff in the headquarters (was in the workroom but I had to move it so I could use my own, PUT (item) in OTHER WORKCART and PUT (item) in 2 WORKCART do not work. [Western Coalition, Headquarters]
A handcart containing branches in the Coalition logging area [Trade Coalition, Pine Tree Grove]
Landion

Post by Landion »

You are welcome to take these wagons/handcarts and return them.

Some of those supplies are from Traders who have not logged on in quite some time.

Also, as a warning to Traders an anyone else. Don't leave your handcarts/wagons out in the open, they're free game if you do.

If you need to park a wagon somewhere, you can use your stall in the Shadgard Mine. Those are specific to each Trader, much like a living cell for a Templar or Monk.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Aldric

Post by Aldric »

[quote=Landion]You are welcome to take these wagons/handcarts and return them.[/quote]

I have plans to. I wanted to give fair notice first though so I don't come out looking like a total jerk.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Funny facts... worldwide there are...
- 20 handcarts
- 5 workcarts
- around 14 wagons

Silly people.
Aldric

Post by Aldric »

Did you ever make it so you can return wagons? Last time I tried even after unhitching it and riding my mule out of the room, it still said it was hitched when I tried to return it. I think I mentioned that to in one of our recent conversations but never BUGed it.

That's when you told me about our private smelting/forge area though, so I just use that now (and keep a workcart inside of my mine)

Edit: Oh wait, I remember now, you told me the return cost was super super low, so that's why I didn't try again.
Last edited by Aldric on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Landion

Post by Landion »

The unhitch deal 'should' now be corrected.

However, mounts and wagons have always given us worlds of grief as the coding is a pain. So... I can't promise it is totally fixed.
Landion

Post by Landion »

Oh, and a very angry wagon master may have hurled a mule out of the wagonyard, and placed the wagon it was pulling, full of wooden supplies outside the coalition gates as an example to others to clean up after themselves...

-------------

Don't leave you stuff sitting around, particularly RIGHT in front of where people order their wagons. It makes it very difficult for other players.
Reynard

Post by Reynard »

Where should I put my handcart, then? I don't have a private room. =/
-> put meat in pan
You can't put anything inside the pants.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Return it when you're through.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Artisans”