Merchant's Guild

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

500 -> 50lbs would be better, not making a log worth 8 bars!
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Collins

Post by Collins »

500?

I fail to see your point.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

If a log is 500lbs(i thought 200) it should be lowered to 50lbs so you can get maybe 10 onto a cart and not just 2.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
Collins

Post by Collins »

It can only carry 2 logs. Hence the problem, when they only sell for 30 riln?

Wood in general sells for marginally less than it should in my opinion. In real life, a full log of that size would be worth several hundred dollars. Have you ever bought a 20 foot tall, 8x8 beam? They're not cheap.

If a log were 500lbs, It would take 3-4 players to even move it, much less a handcart.
This handcart can be used to haul large amounts of items or large objects that you couldn't normally carry on your person. The cart can be returned here to have the majority of the price refunded.

The handcart consists of a large wooden box on two wheels and a long handle in front for pulling.
It is a huge item, mainly made of wood.
It is a container that can hold items of a size up to 'huge.'
It weighs 100.0 pounds.
I had assumed the 100.0 meant that was how much it held.
Last edited by Collins on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Handcarts hold 500 pounds. I'll muse over the pricing problem.
The lore compels me!
Collins

Post by Collins »

[quote=Nootau]....so you can get maybe 10 onto a cart and not just 2.[/quote]

10 to a cart would be ideal and would make more sense... I agree with you there.
Collins

Post by Collins »

[quote=Rias]Handcarts hold 500 pounds. I'll muse over the pricing problem.[/quote]

So a 250 lbs log for 30 riln. Ugh.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Maybe another fix could be a special wagon built for the merchant guild to hold several tree worth of lumber in it to hall to town? They are merchants, why should they use such a simple carrying device?

Return to “Artisans”