Little Ideas

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Lillium the great

Little Ideas

Post by Lillium the great »

Raising your melee/brawling/swords skill up about 25.0. For the noobs like me to actually defeat a raccoon or wolves so i can skin them for leatherworking?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Traders are pretty much the least combat-oriented guild around at the moment, and considering many combat-oriented guilds don't get starting boosts, this is unlikely.

Options:
- Do what most other people have to do and train up your combat skills on the training warrior, rats, or ravens.
- Save up a mere 500 riln and hire a hiresword (traders-only perk) at your guild barracks to follow you around and help you kill things. Don't forget you can use the minion command for some limited control over the hiresword.
- Ask another character to help you take critters down so you can skin them until you're trained up enough in combat to do it yourself.
- Purchase skins that other players have sold at the marketplace.
- Purchase skins directly off other players.
The lore compels me!
Lillium the great

Thanks! I've just been training in the traders barracks, but can't seem to beat up wolves and such.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Wolves are not newbie targets. You needs over 200 skill to take those pups on. Focus on deer, rats, and raccoon.

Do you have a weapon?
Do you have armor?
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Lillium the great

I have a short sword, but no armor. But I spent most of my riln on training. Imma see if there are any leather or pelts in the market and make some armor.
Last edited by Lillium the great on Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Making armor is unadvised until you have 200 skill, buy leather or metal armor from NPCs, it will be worth it
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Lillium the great

[quote=Rias]Traders are pretty much the least combat-oriented guild around at the moment, and considering many combat-oriented guilds don't get starting boosts, this is unlikely.

Options:
- Do what most other people have to do and train up your combat skills on the training warrior, rats, or ravens.
- Save up a mere 500 riln and hire a hiresword (traders-only perk) at your guild barracks to follow you around and help you kill things. Don't forget you can use the minion command for some limited control over the hiresword.
- Ask another character to help you take critters down so you can skin them until you're trained up enough in combat to do it yourself.
- Purchase skins that other players have sold at the marketplace.
- Purchase skins directly off other players.[/quote]

Does the scruffy attendant do much? Or does he just hold a lantern in the mines?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I believe he only carries the lantern, and that's it.
The lore compels me!
Lillium the great

Oh. I'll get the wide-eyed hiresword then. Doesn't cost that much
Landion

Post by Landion »

Yeah, we won't be giving Traders any combat bonuses, but Rias covered your other options very well.
No longer GMing for CLOK.
Lillium the great

In the mines, where that ladder is, (The one I got stuck in, Landion) There should be a slope for handcarts, workcarts, horses and wagons so they can climb down there.

Return to “Artisans”