Gradually more Forging options for Senior Artisans

Artisans of the Western Coalition, specializing in resource-gathering and crafting.
Kent

Gradually more Forging options for Senior Artisans

Post by Kent »

There are a number of weapons that appear rarely in game, ie, only in one shop anywhere, or only as found treasures. Thus they can be in-game only ever as an average item, and are more-or-less dead-end items, used only briefly by newcomers to the game.

To rectify this, I would like to request that at high levels, a random new weapon type be assigned to the Artisan's repertoire. I never played an artisan before, but I'm thinking the starting point for this be at the high level where all possible guild abilities have been selected and progress in levels gives little benefit, wherever that point is reached.

At these high levels, a gain in a level would give the Artisan access to forge the hilt and blade (or haft and head) to one more of these otherwise 'dead-end' items:
  • Knife
    Dirk
    Main-Gauche
    Throwing Knife
    Falx
    Khopesh
    Warsword
    Two-Handed Sword
    Poignard
    Hatchet
    Pernach
    Poleaxe
and perhaps others I'm not thinking of right now. I like the idea of it being randomly assigned per level.
Last edited by Kent on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Kent "Gunney" Gunderman

A dirty woodsman frowns at you and suggests you return after getting cleaned up.

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
Rias
DEV

Re: Gradually more Forging options for Senior Artisans

Post by Rias »

If something like this was implemented, I wouldn't want it to be randomized. Artisans should be choosing what they want to be able to make, not grabbing things from a random grab-bag and hoping it's something they like.

I'd like to make a big change to crafting, that being requiring recipes/patterns/schematics for anyting that isn't uber simple and intuitive for a novice to be able to make with no prior knowledge or instruction.
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Re: Gradually more Forging options for Senior Artisans

Post by Rithiel »

Artisans are already given more crafting options for some skills when they achieve the higher abilities.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel

Return to “Artisans”