Mistral lake Tasks

The agent branch of Tse Gaiyan.
Nedrik

Mistral lake Tasks

Post by Nedrik »

So I was helping a new Utasa with her first task, and she had to go to Mistral to copy some information. She had the hardest time hiding from the sentries, and with the new antiidle changes, she got kicked once from trying too many times. My question is, are these tasks supposed to be that difficult, or is this the sentry thing an oversight? I know in Shadgard, it's easy enough to just wait until they never move, but since Mistral has them in every move and they're stationary it makes that kind of sneakiness quite hard.

Thanks.
gralkik

Re: Mistral lake Tasks

Post by gralkik »

I have a Utasa. I created him/her when there were sentries in town. All I did, was cancel the mission, and trained stealth a little bit. It's not that hard to do. As there are multiple ways to train stealth. Stealth is flexible in how it can be trained. One, hurling. Two, ambushing with weapons or brawling. three, shortbows.. if there are other ways of training it. I am not by any means going to post it here, or anywhere else, for that matter. The best answer to what is asked regarding that, is remove it, train stealth.. and come back to it.

That said, It might not be a bad idea to bump stealth related tasks in Mistral Lake to a higher stealth level.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

I think it's an oversight due to recent lore events that picked up Mistral Security. You could write to the Utasa leader/taskmaster regarding your concerns using NPCMAIL as an IC way of interacting with your supervisors regarding your concerns.
Nedrik

Post by Nedrik »

That's a good idea. I forget about npcmail.
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

I'm actually against the sentries in Mistral. I do wish that they would patrol, but even if they did, it would pretty much guarantee there's one in every room regardless. There's simply too many of them, and while it gives the feel of the town being well-defended/watched over, it does cripple a few guilds mechanic-wise. And I'm sorry to say that telling people to go do tasks in another town isn't a reasonable solution.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

This suggestion belongs in a separate thread, but wouldn't it be a lot cooler if instead of mechanically limiting urban stealth based guilds, the feeling of always being watched was incorporated into the room description and flavortext echos instead?
Dakhal

Post by Dakhal »

That would be much more preferred. Have like soldier patrols echo through the room as they go from place to place. Mistral does already have some similar echoes in the form of people being questioned. As it is, it's not terribly newbie-friendly and it prevents those new people from progressing decently in their chosen guild if they're sent to Mistral/do tasks in Mistral.

Even I, an oldbie, hesitate to do any tasks in Mistral and it's my favorite town. I absolutely hate that I have to leave it to do anything because my character isn't geared towards stealth.
Love me or hate me, both are in my favor. If you love me, I'll always be in your heart. If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind.
I lead a Life of Sin.
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

To be honest, I haven't looked at Mistral Lake in over a year, since before the whole Mistviel Dominion thing, I'm not sure what they have presently in terms of security, but definitely sounds like something I should look at. I'll do an assessment of their security and tweak as necessary when I have the time.

Also, task homes should never be in a room with stationary guards. Though that's not necessarily enforced by code.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Jirato wrote:To be honest, I haven't looked at Mistral Lake in over a year, since before the whole Mistviel Dominion thing, I'm not sure what they have presently in terms of security, but definitely sounds like something I should look at. I'll do an assessment of their security and tweak as necessary when I have the time.

Also, task homes should never be in a room with stationary guards. Though that's not necessarily enforced by code.
Not sure if you've had the chance to look at it, J, but every single room in ML has a stationary patrol. Which, in effect, is part of the problem of tasks.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Jirato
DEV

Post by Jirato »

The stationary pale sentries have all been replaced with moving pale soldiers.
[GMCHAT Uyoku]: Octum is when the octumbunny comes around and lays pumpkins everywhere right?
[GMCHAT Rias]: Dimmes says "oh hai :) u need healz? ill get u dont worry thaum lasers pew pew pew lol"
[CHAT - GameMaster Rias would totally nuke Rooks]: Here's how elemancy works: The freeblegreeble and the zippoflasm have to be combined with the correct ration of himbleplimp, then you add the gargenheimer and adjust the froopulon for the pattern you want, apply some tarratarrtarr, yibble the wantaban, and let 'er rip!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Jirato wrote:The stationary pale sentries have all been replaced with moving pale soldiers.
Thanks for the update.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “Utasa”