"Rip" Ability Idea

The agent branch of Tse Gaiyan.
Marauder

"Rip" Ability Idea

Post by Marauder »

Basically, an ability to allow an agent to literally rip weapons, one by one, from a living target's body. The purpose of it? To apply more damage after successfully throwing a knife or other bladed weapon at your target, and to retrieve your armament after tossing it.

I think, personally, that it should only apply minor damage over time to the limb, and should have to be used multiple times to retrieve multiple weapons, as well as have a chance to fail based on certain agility-related skills. And it would certainly make Utasa combat far more vicious should the person choose to go with dagger tossing or something similar.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
hadesfire

Post by hadesfire »

I throw daggers and let me tell you, I have to carry 12 knives to actually kill somebody and that's with the bonus of marksman and aiming and wavebending, I would love this ability.
Lemuel

Post by Lemuel »

I think there should be a chance that the victim of a thrown knife should pull the knife out himself and drop it (50%) or use it (50%) providing he doesn't have a superior weapon to begin with.

And maybe a 4% chance per move or combat round it will just fall out.

The idea that an opponent will just keep walking around with a knife or two stuck in him seems like bad role play.
- locksmith Lemuel 'I do all my own stunts.'

Helpful tips, commands, and hints for new CLOKers: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2367&p=12822#p12822
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I'm not sure it should be automated. You can already manually remove items that are lodged in you.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Marauder

Post by Marauder »

Have you been stabbed before, or shot before? There are people who still have bullet fragments in their body to this day, pretty sure. Hell, people may still have full body bullets lodged in their body because they couldn't afford surgery to get them removed. Point being, you don't just get a knife thrown at you full force and have it randomly fall out.

Also, according to another player, NPCs do remove projectile from themselves when not in combat. And of course, players have the command to dislodge arrows and such from their limbs at will. Another thing, don't try and say technology has advanced well beyond what CLOK has, because CLOK has flintlock technology, which is still powerful stuff. Maybe not as potent as a modern day sniper rifle, but guess what? Lead poisoning can be fatal, and that's what shots are made of in CLOK, last I checked.

Overall, I agree with Rithiel's take on my idea at the top of this topic. "Rip" should be a common command for everyone, allowing anyone to tear, or at least attempt such, lodged weaponry (granted the item is big enough, you shouldn't be able to tear gunshots from someone's arm) out of enemies and cause a minor damage over time effect, while the Utasa and the Claw of Shar should both get a specialized ability for this command, allowing them to do more damage or simply retrieve weapons faster and more efficiently.
Last edited by Marauder on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gentlemen, all I ask for is war. A war so grand as to make Hell itself tremble. Gentlemen, I ask you as fellow brothers in arms, what is it you really want? Do you wish for further war as I do? Do you wish for a merciless, bloody war? A war whose fury is built with iron, and lightning, and fire? Do you ask for war to sweep in like a tempest, leaving not even ravens to scavenge from this Earth?!"
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Claw of Shar doesn't really focus on throwing weapons so I don't see why this ability would be appropriate. That being said, this damage over time effect sounds just like bleeding to me. I assume if the wound was great enough after ripping a thrown weapon out the target would bleed. I don't see why more damage beyond normal bleeding would be applied however.
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.

Return to “Utasa”