An idea, replacement of 'Apprentice Wavebending'?

The agent branch of Tse Gaiyan.
Tian

An idea, replacement of 'Apprentice Wavebending'?

Post by Tian »

As far as I know, the Shar, the Udemi, and even the Rooks do not have a skill dedicated to being able to access channeling, please correct me if I am wrong. I propose removing 'Apprentice Wavebending' from Utasa and exchanging the ability to 'mesmerize' is no longer a automatic function of channeling 'Wavebending'.

The new ability 'mesmerize' will work similarly to a stealth attack which gives the target a reduced defensive value on the first strike, and the penalty lessons with each following strike that round(currently it only aid the first swing). This will also allow agents to choose if they want the ability to mesmerize targets first or if the other abilities would be more important to their list of skills.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Would there no longer be any raw cast for Wavebending, in that case?
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

This has been discussed by us, and abilities have changed since you joined, I think. Currently first rank Utasa can choose between basic training, urban stealth, riposte, and wavebending (if the skill prereqs are met).

Wavebending has both a passive when channeled and an active attack. As far as I know, none of those other magics have that. However, Udemi, at least, can no longer ask for training in aeromancy or druidry without getting a beginning ability that gives it to them.

Once I finish my current project, I have some non-magic abilities in mind for the Utasa so that people can choose more of a non-magic route if they really wanted to.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Tian

Post by Tian »

@Kian, yes. That was the intent.

@Rithiel, oh? Can you tell me if they can a raw cast in either of those abilities or do their cast abilities such as tangle root still need to be bought separately?
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Aeromancy comes with windreading, which then gives them a passive and active ability.

Druidry comes with tangle root. If I remember correctly, druidry has no active cast ability, but a herbalism boost to passive channeling, so with root, it has an active and a passive.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

But druidry does not have a raw cast, just a boost to herbalism when channeling. And if you count Commune as a separate ability. But, druidry inherently has no value in combat without tangleroot.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Isn't that what I said?

I forgot about commune, but I see that as an inherently RP verb, since ESP is much more powerful.

Just to be clear: at this point I don't see myself giving druidry a raw cast with combat implications, and if I do, it will be it's own ability for Udemi that will be a prereq for tangle root.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Oh, I know. I was just mostly bringing up commune, and pointing out that druidry doesn't do anything for combat without tangleroot.

I'm not really bothered by not having a raw cast, honestly.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Acarin

Post by Acarin »

Wavebending doesn't directly check against dodge does it? Any insight into how the defense is calculated?
20:21:01 [CHAT - (a mysterious GM)]: With obvious effort, Zuki pries up a thick scale over a drakolin's chest! Zuki spearhand-strikes the soft, unprotected area under the scale! Heart ruptured, death follows immediately. A drakolin lets out a final bellow of rage and falls lifeless to the ground.
Tian

Post by Tian »

[quote=Acarin]Any insight into how the defense is calculated?[/quote]I would like to know how it works as well. It works often against Infested close to my numbers but much less when combating higher rolling NPCs and players. Will it change as my skills change? Is it based on my wavebending rather than my dodge?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

The distortion defense is currently a static formula that doesn't take any factors into account both on the side of the attacker and the defender. It works the same against every possible opponent. This is actually one of its greatest strengths.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Utasa”