These directions are trying to get me killed

The agent branch of Tse Gaiyan.
reese

These directions are trying to get me killed

Post by reese »

Agent Sethon says, "blah."
I haven't played a lot of this game, but I had an idea for an Utasa so I rolled one and got recruited by the recruiter guy, who gave me these directions.

No maps available show forest names, there's hidden trails everywhere, and no mountain range or forest is actually straight west of mistral.

I have no idea how I'm supposed to find the way to the chapterhouse with these instructions. So far I've found several areas that are clearly death caves or full of angry infested. Also the Wyrvardn guildhouse!

It looks like I'm going to have to ask someone IC where the secret guildhall is located and that sounds really daft. If the directions weren't given by the guy who just recruited me, vague would be reasonable.
Last edited by reese on Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoothcoffee

Re: These directions are trying to get me killed

Post by Smoothcoffee »

Hi, a few points from someone who plays a TSE Gayien character.

1. Please remove that part of your post describing the location that Agent Sethan gave you.
2. Clok is a roleplay enforced game. You will have to ask for assistance from other Tse Gaiyen members, and while this is not a secret location by any means, we want people to continue exploring the lands, asking assistance over the network, and creating bonds with others from their organizations.
Maina

Post by Maina »

It's been a while since I played, but I believe you can find the name of the area you are presently in by typing 'area'.
[FROM Zeldryn (OOC)]: STOP BEING AMAZING. IT'S AMAZING.
reese

Post by reese »

Smoothcoffee wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:35 pm Hi, a few points from someone who plays a TSE Gayien character.

1. Please remove that part of your post describing the location that Agent Sethan gave you.
2. Clok is a roleplay enforced game. You will have to ask for assistance from other Tse Gaiyen members, and while this is not a secret location by any means, we want people to continue exploring the lands, asking assistance over the network, and creating bonds with others from their organizations.
If the directions aren't supposed to be good enough to locate the chapterhouse, maybe he just shouldn't give any?
Smoothcoffee

Post by Smoothcoffee »

It is attempting to force players to explore. What will you gain by being told step by step directions? The vagueness exists for a reason, and even then you could ask on the network if someone from the organization could accompany a new member to the Chapter House.
artus

Post by artus »

As a Tse Gaiyan, here's the thing you need to keep in mind:

- He is supposed to give directions. But he can only give so much. Whether you find it or try to get people to help you find it is up to you ic. You carve your path. It's not the agent or anyone's fault. Tse Gaiyan are a very friendly organization as a whole. We work as a team and we are close and helpful. If only you ask, you find the answer.
[CHAT - Event Staff Uyoku likes NOM NOM NOM food]: You are holding a pepper-grilled Uyoku in your right hand.
This GM has been peppered and grillef over an open flame to a juicy perfection.
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

As a non-guild member, i'd just like to say a few things.

A: I totally understand frustration with directions! That's a bummer, and I'm sorry that happened. Either way-- welcome to clok! Things can be confusing at first, but there's a surprising amount of depth once you get used to the way it feels. The adjustment curve is just a little steeper than most.

B: I don't know if it's just me here, but there's a bit of a tonal clash when I read this thread. The complaint here's coming from a genuine place, and the advice given is genuinely good advice-- but it sounds almost dismissive or inconsiderate. I just wanted to say-- It is good advice! But maybe try to give the guy a break. :) I don't think he's trying to dismiss your suggestions, I think he was just a little confused.

C: Keep giving good advice, and keep being yourselves! Just remember. saying "We're friendly" and being friendly are two different things!

Apologies if anyone takes my criticisms personally or if I misread anyone's suggestions tonally. I just. Uh. I encourage supreme friendliness! Hope that makes sense.
Smoothcoffee

Post by Smoothcoffee »

Zeldryn, I am incredibly offended by your criticisms. No, in all seriousness, my responses were not meant to come off that way, so I do apologize. I am in a very scrambled state as of late and replies are often quick and off the cuff.
-SC
Zeldryn

Post by Zeldryn »

Smoothcoffee wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:11 pm Zeldryn, I am incredibly offended by your criticisms. No, in all seriousness, my responses were not meant to come off that way, so I do apologize. I am in a very scrambled state as of late and replies are often quick and off the cuff.
-SC
*cries in sarcasm*

All giggles aside, however. Totally understandable, and thank you for elaborating! I can personally vouch for you being great. Tonal disconnects happen, especially in a text format. You know me. I just have to be "that guy". But you're fine, we're fine. everybody's fiiine.

Good luck to yout efforts moving forward, however, Reese!

Return to “Utasa”