Ideas for New Udemi Abilities

The ranger branch of Tse Gaiyan.
Nootau

Ideas for New Udemi Abilities

Post by Nootau »

Splintered Shot :: Volley
The resulting shot expends five arrows from a quiver but strikes all hostile targets within the room. Must have Aeromancy Channeled.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
~The Apprentice of the Elements
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

If I weren't a flintlock user (and a member of a certain shady guild), I'd definitely use this. Great idea.
Last edited by Bryce on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ask jes for date
The horse thief Jessie doesn't seem too interested in talking about that.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Burst Shot :: Burst
The resulting shot changes the damage type of an arrow from Piercing to Air in response to the shock-wave. This attack is normally half the damage of a normal shot and had a chance to knock the target down. The archer must have Aeromancy channeled at least once to use this ability.
The elements are slaves to no being. One must learn to ask for their aid, the elements offer power to the humble. This is why no one is truly a master yet everyone is a student..
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Just a quick idea I had.

I'm not sure what skills it would fall under, but the ability to gain 'night vision' would be nice.

Thought I should elaborate. Basically, it'd allow the udemi to see in the dark without a torch, thus allowing them to sneak up on things in the dark.
Last edited by KianTheArcher on Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgoth, I cried
All hope is gone but I swear revenge
Hear my oath
I will take part in your damned fate
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Another idea I had for the Udemi. The ability to add a special flag to weapons that does extra damage to the infected. Would apply to ranged AND melee weapons.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Hmm, maybe some kind of poison that's particularly effective against the fungus.
The lore compels me!
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

A herbicide.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

You begin to apply a Resen spore Fungicide (TM) to your arrows.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Also treats athlete's foot!
The lore compels me!
Evelyn
Mentor

Post by Evelyn »

XD Ew?
The Rig-Jarl Bjorn gives you a bone-crushing bearhug.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Call of the Wild

Using their training in forest knowledge, as well as their minor magical ability, the Udemi are able to call forth an animal from the wild to assist them. This can take the form of a Bear, Wolf, or Stag. The Bear or Wolf act as guards, attempting to protect the Ranger. They will flee before dying, however. The Stag acts as a mount for the Ranger, and will flee before dying, bucking the Ranger off if need be.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

What about the smaller animals?Squirrels to provide nuts and berries for instance.
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Clustered Shot
Archers are only able to fire one arrow at a time at a target though the Udemi are not normal archers. using the wind to guide their arrows, the Udemi are able to two arrows at once while they channel Aeromancy.

Prerequisite Abilites:
Guided Shot
Prerequisite Skills:
Archery: 125
Marksmanship 75
Aeromancy: 25
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

[quote=Nootau]Clustered Shot
Archers are only able to fire one arrow at a time at a target though the Udemi are not normal archers. using the wind to guide their arrows, the Udemi are able to two arrows at once while they channel Aeromancy.[/quote]

Yeah, Aero Volley should probably be able to be used on single targets.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Nootau

Post by Nootau »

Silent Death
Sitting upon a branch is the ranger. Unlike amateurs who run in the shadows and fire at will, a true ranger waits for a minor distraction, even just a squirrel rustling in the leaves burring a walnut before releasing his arrow allowing nature itself hide his strike. Reduce the chance that the target will trace the arrow's flight path, also increase the chance the arrow will be completely unnoticed by the target.

Prerequisite Abilites:
Guided Shot
Prerequisite Skills:
Archery: 75
Marksmanship 75
Stealth: 125
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Beast Speech
With intense training, the Udemi of Tse Gaiyan can learn to converse with the creatures of the forest that are not infected by the Resen Spores. By doing so, they can ask them for favors.

Prerequisites:
Channeling: 75

Mechanic Notes

Essentially, this is an ability that would let the Ranger talk to animals in the woods. This could be done in a few ways. The first thing that comes to mind is that the Rangers can ask local bowtruckles to allow the ranger to log. This could manifest as the ranger being allowed to fell X number of trees before having to ask again, and perhaps the Ranger would have to bring the bowtruckles presents anytime they wanted to do this.

Secondly, this ability could manifest by way of being able to tame wolves and bears. Again, the Ranger would have to bring gifts any time they wanted to do this.

Now, the biggest thing I have with this is that I'd like it if Rangers had their own "mancies" before they could actually do this (Floramancy & Faunamancy come to mind), but I don't know what the current plans for that are.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Dust Cloud
One of the more moderately advanced techniques of the Udemi makes use of their limited aeromancy skill in a creative way that compliments their guerrilla-style tactics. By channeling aeromancy and kicking dirt, the Udemi can kick up a cloud of dust.

Prerequisite Abilities:
Dirtkick
Prerequisite Skills:
Channeling: 50
Aeromancy: 25

Mechanic Notes
Pretty basic idea. The Udemi can channel aeromancy, dirt kick, and it's a group blind against any hostiles in the room.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Sounds nifty. Maybe this would occur when using dirtkick while actively channeling aeromancy?
The lore compels me!
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Right, that's what I was thinking! That way the Udemi can hide in situations that would otherwise be difficult, or help others in hiding at the same time.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I like it.

*snaps fingers at Rias*

Make it so.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

Foe Lore
The Udemi make it a point to study their enemies in depth, learning their weaknesses and strengths and using that knowledge to their advantage in combat.

Mechanic Notes
Basically, Foe Lore would be a number of abilities available to the Udemi (And probably the Utasa too) that allow them to gain bonus damage to accuracy and damage against specific Enemy categories. So I could take Foe Lore: Infected and get a bonus to attacks against them, or Foe Lore: Undead/Nether and get a bonus against them.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

I'm curious if people would use something like Master Fletcher, which would give your masterwork arrows an even greater accuracy bonus than they already get.
KianTheArcher

Post by KianTheArcher »

I'd so take it.
Morgoth, I cried
Hear my oath
Lacie

Post by Lacie »

Aimed Shot

3 seconds of roundtime to aim a shot at your target's vitals. If you get attacked during this time, the ability is cancelled, but if you manage it, it does more damage and/or is more accurate.
Collins glances at a slimy big-lipped collinsfish.
Collins says, "Really..."
A slimy big-lipped collinsfish's mouth and gills gasp desperately for water as it lies helpless on the ground.
Speaking to a slimy big-lipped collinsfish, Collins says, "Go away."
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

Spiffy idea.
The lore compels me!

Return to “Udemi”