Skills, toys, and the dreaded metagaming

Mirazia

Skills, toys, and the dreaded metagaming

Post by Mirazia »

Something that bothers me (yes, I know. It's another Mirazia Gripe)

Let us jump back to my post regarding CLOK being a living, breathing world (viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6880)

Now let's look at guilds, their skills, and their toys.

Not everyone that can unlock lockboxes you see should be automatically assumed to be members of certain organizations. Not everyone that steals from you should be assumed to be members of a guild that may or may not exist.

People that own muskets, carbines, revolvers, katars, talismans, certain armors should not be assumed to belong to certain organizations unless they have a monikor, and even then, it may have been acquired through other means.

I have seen guild equipment stolen, sold to a pawn shop, put in community crates and even sold to other players. NPCs seeing that equipment being carried around will not assume said character belongs to that organization, and neither should you.

What is going to be looked at is a certain guild running about with certain abilities active. Sorcerers channeling sorcery. Elemancers channeling elemancy.

But just because a character has certain items, please do not act as though you know everything about them. It spoils the game and makes people not even bother using the cool unique items we've made for them.

End of Gripe. Enjoy your day!
A greater lich looks over the posts on a large post board.

(Samani practically snarls as she consumes her flapjacks in one go.)

Dark powers surround Noctere and he brings forth his hands to summon... to summon... TO SUMMON!...
a handful of popcorn which appear on the ground with a slight POOF sound. Then Noctere leaves.
Sneaky

Re: Skills, toys, and the dreaded metagaming

Post by Sneaky »

This actually came up within the past hour of me playing. I was under the impression through in character roleplay that kattars were jealously guarded and recovered at all costs by the claw. I apologize if this is no longer the case or incorrect. My character was acting in a manner suited to the information he has gathered personally, which also included the information provided once he inquired on their origin. I feel this is valid, however, the information regarding the katars was given to him by another player character, so I do not mind disregarding that particular information entirely from here on out to make the GM team and player base happy. I'm posting this to inquire as to how to proceed rather than to criticize or discredit the idea and intention behind the post. Thanks for your time and consideration.
[FROM Liani (OOC)]: It's an ice cream conehead
You also notice a bronze crossbow bolt (x8) and the corpse of a slender pale white cave drakolin.
Alila softly compliments, "Thank you for the story--you were all excellent."
[CHAT - Lore Hermit Rias (Retired) (Discord)]: @Alila is crazypants
Mirazia

Post by Mirazia »

This wasn't a target at you, just something I have noticed over the past few months happening throughout a number of guilds.

Katars are supposed to be jealously guarded, but like all things some slip through the cracks, could be stolen, could be imported with travelling merchants or perhaps the artisan supplying them had their blueprint stolen and another is replicating them and handing them to people he trusts to keep things quiet. If it's not nailed down, it can be taken :D

I can assure you the town locksmiths, whilst greedy, are highly reputable members of society thank you kindly! To even think they are members of the player-joinable organizations that teach this service will possibly get you shot or at least a thorough tongue lashing. Especially from Lews.

Basically, this post is to remind people that just because you know something OOC, do not let it influence you IC.
A greater lich looks over the posts on a large post board.

(Samani practically snarls as she consumes her flapjacks in one go.)

Dark powers surround Noctere and he brings forth his hands to summon... to summon... TO SUMMON!...
a handful of popcorn which appear on the ground with a slight POOF sound. Then Noctere leaves.
Alila

Post by Alila »

Hi,

Given the current somewhat more cvc driven nature of CLOK recently, I wanted to remind everyone about this helpful thread in an attempt to keep the game fun and interesting for everyone.

Thank you,
-Alila
[ESP-GRAY - Amaranth-Purple]: Yew should always respect your Alders. If you do, you'll do Oak kay. If you don't, they might kick your, um... Ash.
In the large bird's nest you see a pewter mug.

Return to “General world discussion”