Lore Week!

Rias
DEV

Lore Week!

Post by Rias »

Next week (October 2nd through the 8th) is Lore Week! I'll be giving dev a small break (aside from bad bugs and emergencies, of course) and focusing solely on writing up lore documentation to put on the wiki. Main focus will go into some basic lore on each of the races, a brief recent history doc for the western half of the continent (where gameplay occurs), and some religion lore.

That doesn't mean I won't write up lore on other topics, however. Feel free to make requests here on subjects you'd enjoy lore on. I can't guarantee I'll get to everything, but I'll do my best.
The lore compels me!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

This is gonna rawk! I can't wait to learn more.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

But I'm still waiting for my abilities from ability week!
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

rescheduled.Honestly not knowing any history is killing me.It also makes RP one hell of a lot harder.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

I would enjoy some additional lore on the Church of the Light, the other Immortals and religions, and Shadgard's Barrier at the southern end of the canyon.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Apologies for not releasing anything sooner. Work has given me quite a hefty load, and it has taken much of my time away.

However, I have just put a document on the wiki regarding the Nuum. There are a few holes there still, but I got to a block and wanted to release what I've got so far.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

New doc on the Rhuidim, people of Tol Rhun.
The lore compels me!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Lore Week has come and gone, and only two documents released. What a disappointment! I've got several partially-written ones that I plan on finishing up and releasing this week, since it's apparent that my fellow GMs are more than capable of picking up any slack while I document away in a cave somewhere. Doesn't mean I won't be doing some dev work too, though.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

Could you not ask the players to work on the documents?On a purely voluntary basis.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I could, but I'm an iron-fisted power-hoarding tyrant. That, and I already have the information in mind - just not in readable document form.
The lore compels me!
Isiaa

Post by Isiaa »

oh right.
OK then...
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I hope it's understandable that we're hesitant to open up writing the world's history and fundamentals to people who haven't been specifically assigned to work on it, and aren't acquainted with the basics of how the universe works and its history. We're not just making this all up as we go - there's already a design in place, and it's fairly deep. Getting the information into readable document form takes some organizing, and thinking up/refining/polishing the finer details, and also requires sifting out information that player characters shouldn't have access to (yet!).

That considered, it would be unfair for us to say to a player, "Hey, write something up on the history of the Faewyr, but it has to be in line with a slew of information you don't have access to."
The lore compels me!
Rithiel

Post by Rithiel »

Plus, Rias is a power hoarding spirit crusher.
A cheerful jingle intones, "Rithenschmirtz Evil Incorporateeeed!"
[OOC - Candy Mountain, Spearhead]: usually when they're snarky, it's Rithiel
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

That's pretty much the main reason, yeah.
The lore compels me!
Lun
CLOK Patron

Post by Lun »

Is lore week going to be annual? Necrobump. I'm hoping because it'd be nice to have more information on the continents or races since it would help me craft a better character personality.
Last edited by Lun on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have nothing productive to say, therefore, I must be heard!
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Well, the first Lore Week was a miserable failure. Lol.
Speaking to Garith, you exclaim, "Ban' baaan'!"

Return to “General world discussion”