Things we do!

Zoiya

Things we do!

Post by Zoiya »

We spend some time coming up with little plots that weave themselves in all different directions. It's great when someone logs in and asks, "So hey, how are things going?" And seeing someone say, yeah you missed a fun event.

But when you give people all the information on the OOC chat, you could very well be telling people who aren't meant to know. That goes for any information about any event or *thing* that happened to you that day in CLOK.

So please guys, think before you start oversharing on the chat channel. I've seen guild secrets leaked. Information, that was meant for two people, shared with 20. Or, best yet, discussions about people and their alts. Not their OWN alts. Other peoples.

So, in short, please please *PLEASE* make our job easier and keep things to yourself so everyone can enjoy a surprise - when it happens. Chat is for being social, not giving out game tips and secrets.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Rias
Lore Hermit

Re: Things we do!

Post by Rias »

My name is Rias Clokdevski, and I approve this message. It's intensely discouraging to see IC info spoiled on the OOC chat channel. If it seems like it's exclusive or secretive IC, don't go talking about it on OOC. Let's let some surprises and secrets actually surprise people and be kept secret, shall we?

"But Rias, I know how to separate IC and OOC."

I'm sure you do. That's fantastic. Still, don't share IC info OOCly.
The lore compels me!
xavier

Post by xavier »

this is one reason i was never a big fan of the chat channel. thanks for pointing this out to people.
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
Rain falls steadily to the earth.
The gore has been washed from you.
The blood has been washed from you.
You are splattered with gore!
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Thank you Zoiya for the reminder. This is certainly one reason why I have enjoyed option 25 with my alts and with Jilliana on occasion. I wish more people would take advantage of it.
:)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

I hope chat never gets cut. I really like chatting with people during relatively boring stretches of grind. I also love getting titles, heh.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Barius

Post by Barius »

I have to say I've gotten irritated at some periods when chat is filled with people narrating what their characters are doing. It seems to have died off some, though I've also changed my channel capturing so chat is tucked away in its own tab and I never see it until I specifically click over to it, and I almost never do.

Some funny comments about ongoing IC things maybe (if it's not oversharing!), but sometimes it was just constant commentary. Blech.
Lavi

Post by Lavi »

not a fan of chat really, I usually pop on to say hi, but that's about it.
[ESP-GRAY - Shadowy-Gray]: No no (player) , you were right, it's wonderful. I think I'll send in my application today. I can't wait to partake in the parties there. I just have one question, will I need to kidnap my own child, or will there be some there for those who are un able to.
blindndangerous

Post by blindndangerous »

Their are times when I really do not feel like doing anything but talking oocly with people. One reason why I loved chat being disabled and people using irc. But now that's never used anymore.
A towering white-furred snow yeti exclaims, "Oog!"
Kunren

Post by Kunren »

blindndangerous wrote:Their are times when I really do not feel like doing anything but talking oocly with people. One reason why I loved chat being disabled and people using irc. But now that's never used anymore.
Basically that's what I use chat for lol, maybe I would feel the same but irc was before my time, so have never used it.
Life is like a box of chocolates. The caramel filled ones are the best.
Tamsin

Post by Tamsin »

This is an old thread, but I'm going to +1 it now. I agree with the messages and I'm sure they're still very good and relevant now as not so long ago!
Secretive stuff, and even really open things honestly, shouldn't be spread all over chat, it detracts from any mystery and I think it's detrimental to RP in general.
Akila
Mentor

Post by Akila »

I feel this needs reminding recently.

Recent player-created events are being quite openly discussed on the chat, naming players involved and sometimes the location, what had happened, what was done. It makes it quite difficult and ruins the experience of playing an antagonistic character, especially one who is trying to conceal their identity using masks and such.

If you enjoy that character's RP, send them a "tell" or better yet, "nominate" them. There is no need to draw attention on a huge OOC level in Chat which can lead to metagaming, such as suddenly knowing that person by name, despite face and head being completely covered, voice muffled and even an accent adopted (Remember, we do not wear name badges.) or players suddenly finding themselves in an area the incidents take place when there is no reason for them to be there.

Let's keep IC IC yeah?
[CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: It's that funny metal thing you put in your mouth, Galon, and then it goes "Boing, doing, dwang, dwang, doing, ding, boing, dwahng."
04:06:02 [CHAT - Mayor Bryce of Bryceburgh]: You know, the thing Snoopy plays to help Charlie Brown remember "i before e, except after c"
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

It can indeed be discouraging to see events being discussed on chat, when such situations could in fact be an excellent reason for people to gather in-character and discuss that way. I must also say that it is frustrating to have events spoiled in chat, and then needing to do one's best to pretend one's character does not know the goings-on. I should rather know nothing about it until my character catches word of it in-character.
(Alexander clenches a fist momentarily, then stops and calms himself with visible effort.)
[FROM Eira (OOC)]: LET IT OUT, MAN!

Return to “General world discussion”