Justice System - A Short Rant

Fayne

Justice System - A Short Rant

Post by Fayne »

Okay, I have to say, this is my first time really dealing with the justice system in this game, and I just have to say, it has made me extremely disappointed. Earlier tonight, I was doing something in Mistral on my alt, and in doing so I knocked out an NPC. One hit, from hiding, not even a PC was around to see me. I instantly became wanted for assault. Why is this? It should have been impossible for me to have been seen in that split second, and then I got charged for three more counts of assault in the process of completing what I was doing, while each time had the same result. On top of this, I didn't even get charged for the obvious crime. What's the deal? And isn't 15000 riln an insane amount for something like that? Okay, my rant is over. I would just like to know the reasoning behind some of these things. I can keep an open mind, and will resign to my sentence quietly if I get an explaination.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
Araus

Re: Justice System - A Short Rant

Post by Araus »

Did you happen to do this out in the open? If you did, there's generally descriptions of people wandering about in the streets in various levels. Just because people aren't represented by mobs or players doesn't mean they're not actually there.
Zoiya

Post by Zoiya »

When you sap someone, the person you sapped may not have seen you, but the crowd in the room certainly did. In an effort to keep their heads and necks safe from your weapons they're likely going to report you to the guard. Nobody wants brutes and cutpurses walking the streets.

Edited to add : Sap brings you out of hiding and you have to rehide after doing it. In the amount of time between sapping someone and hiding again you will have enough time to have a halfway decent description of your person to give to the guards to have you arrested. Sapping people to accomplish a task, in town, is likely going to land you in this situation quite often.
Last edited by Zoiya on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[CHAT - Lil' Skittles GM Zoiya escalates quickly]: *hugs Kent*
[CHAT - Kent "Gunney" Gunderman]: *gingerly hugs back*
[CHAT - Grandmaster Ardor will be NOM'd by a drakolin]: You can give Zoiya a bearhug Kent, she can handle it.
Fayne

Post by Fayne »

I can accept that arguement. I will admit I forgot about the general crowd milling about. I guess next time I know to avoid trying to avoid getting a fine at all and just accept it if I get caught. The penalty will be easier to deal with.
A scrawny alley cat stares after the dog with big green eyes.
Speaking to a scrawny alley cat, you ask, "Friend of yours?"
A scrawny alley cat hisses angrily.
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

The only problem with the justice system is that all my stuff ends up in the bank vault, which is fine, but I'd at least like my bag back so I can pay the fine. Oh, and my shoes too.
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."
Kiyaani

Post by Kiyaani »

Perhaps the jails need cold-weather rags to supply as well? ;)
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Kiyaani wrote:Perhaps the jails need cold-weather rags to supply as well? ;)
Totally!! :)
CHAT - Sir Alexander Candelori: Truly a man is an abomination that does not dip his french fries into his chocolate frosty.
Bryce flatly says, "Just fair warning: If one of those things webs me, I'm going to scream like a girl."

Return to “General world discussion”