Morelore

Rias
Lore Hermit

Morelore

Post by Rias »

While I'm updating the Arad map and political boundaries and drawing out some territorial borders in Ivial, let me know what else you people want most, lore-wise. No guarantees you'll get everything you want.
The lore compels me!
Avedri

Re: Morelore

Post by Avedri »

First off, thank you for putting so much effort into this project. It's important to me that I say that and acknowledge the fantastic effort set forth by you and the rest of the staff.

More racial lore: Food, clothing, class structure

Specifically for Giganti, Viali, Parren, Lapis

More deity lore: Origin stories, ways of worshiping

Origin stories for guilds other than the Church of Light

I would also like to suggest the possibility of player-driven lore projects to help aid in the expansion of world knowledge. It would run something similar to "Wordsmiths" in Gemstone - a small group of players who volunteer, a very clear set guidelines of expectations and main goals/deliverables that are adjusted from project-to-project. Of course, these submissions would have to be staff approved. I know this is a dangerous concept since this project is so close to the heart for a lot of GMs, but I would also like to help take some of the pressure off.
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

Can't join the Skype call right now. Too much multitasking. I haven't been around much for a while, but I second everything Avedri says.

Also and especially this: "player-driven lore projects"

I'd love to help with this if you think it's possible. As long as people decide not to take it personally when their submissions are changed or rejected, I think it would work out well. My two cents!
Matilda

Post by Matilda »

I would like more lore information on Old Aetgard. Do people have superstitions about the Last King of Aetgard? I've noticed that Aetgardians are not considered a separate 'race.' What Ethnic group are native lost landers (and by extension Lapis) considered?
Rias
Lore Hermit

Post by Rias »

People from Lapis can be considered the last of the Aetgardians. They're not a playable race because they're extremely xenophobic and don't let anyone into their land, and I don't want to release the super secret info on them that would be required if a player were to choose that as their race.

There are also those who come from the groups of people who survived the plague and formed places like Shadgard, Mistral, and so on, but they're probably best considered "Mixed" at this point, as they've for the most part lost all sense of identity as Aetgardians and have kind of developed their own cultures.
The lore compels me!
Solaje

Post by Solaje »

And now that there are more people, maybe we could have another storytelling contest! One with more stories this time. That would be a fun way to introduce new lore that you GMs think up too.
Makkah

Post by Makkah »

Does anyone live on Arbjartr?
Ardor

Post by Ardor »

I think it was mentioned on Skype that there is nothing there but nasty critters.
Orris

Post by Orris »

Religion lore on Nereia, Naia, and Vodr, and cultural lore on Parr please!

Return to “General world discussion”